Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2003 6:04:12 AM EDT
A quick question for you pro's...if i am aiming the rifle, which direction do the roll pins drive out???? Towards the left??? I am putting my DCM legal free float tube on this afternoon when i get home :):):)
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:09:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Small side drives in, the pins are tapered.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:36:34 AM EDT
[#2]
99% of the time you will drive the pin FROM the left side TOWARDS the right side (the right being the ejection port side)  This is how my Bushmaster was and I have seen the same question answered the same way before.  you will need a good punch and I used a small hammeralmost like a Peen hammer.  IMO a nailing hammer is too much for gunsmithing and too clumsy.  Do yourself a favor (if you havnt already) get the right tools first.  I have heard brass punches are very good for gunsmithing due to he metal to metal contact.  (plus brass will leave a little brass where you hit it put it will wipe off)  
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:49:16 AM EDT
[#3]
THANKS. I agree with you on getting the right tools, but money says use the hammer already at the house. oh well. I think I will get it done. I do at least have a punch.  The UPS man had better have run by the time I get home.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:56:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually the BFH may work better since it takes a lot to get them out.  I just did not know where my hammer was so I bought a smaller one when I bought the punches.  I bought the Craftsman one so that when I flatten them I can take them back.  hee hee.  Good luck with it and give em hell cuse they are a b1tch.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top