Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/11/2006 5:05:55 PM EDT
I go to the range today to blast away, and find that I'm shooting WAYYYY low. OK, no problem, just adjust the front sights (A1 sights).

At its lowest point, the sight is still shooting a bit too low (lowest position of sight being the highest point of impact).

I've got 2 options...deal with it for the time being (home defense up at school, probably won't be a big deal), or file down the front sight post to what would be acceptable.

Any tricks of the trade for removing the front sight post from the triangle-thing, maybe it needs to be cleaned out? Thanks...

BTW, this was at 25 yards. If anything, it should be shooting high at its lowest point.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:44:01 PM EDT
Actually my AR15 shoots low at 25 yards. It wont be high as you said. The ballistics show that at 25 yards that bullett is in it's infancy stages of climbing. On open sites my rifle is 3 inches low at 25. When I shoot at 100 yards, it is 2 inches high. It's still climbing. Shoot at a target further than 25 and you will see your bullet rise.

Hope that helps-
Bill
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:33:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2006 6:34:01 PM EDT by BrandonP]
What do you have it zero-ed to, where you're getting those results though?

It should be dead-on @ 100 yards.

Thanks for your help btw.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:31:04 PM EDT
I don't want mine zeroed at 100 yards. For me, this is a hunting weapon, I prefer to be a couple inches high at 100. It's hitting dead center at about 175.

Bill
Top Top