Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2006 7:37:41 AM EDT
I am looking for a front sight post for long range accuracy I have the ARMS FURS but when Im shgooting at 100 yds I alsmost loose my sight of target cause my front post is so big

Thanks
AR15hunter OUT.
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/9481/picture0038um.jpg
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:48:40 AM EDT
[#1]
At what range does this happen? If you zero at 25 or 50 yards, the impact of the bullet should be higher than the post at say 100 yards.  If you're zeroing for 100 yards to have a point of impact, you should be able to see the top half of your intended target.  If you're further out than that and you're covering your target, you may need to dial in some elevation.

With all that said, they do make thinner front sight posts if you want one.   Check out bushmaster's site or catalog.  I'm sure there are others too, I just don't know who.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:54:31 AM EDT
[#2]
well at 50 yds I can hit clay birds no problem and i aim just at the bottom of the bird at 100yds I put it right on and i hit it no problem but my post covers the clay bird
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:43:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I think he is looking for a thinner front post profile...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#4]
yes thinner
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:14:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top