Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 11/21/2008 11:47:58 AM EDT
Trying to zero my front sight on my new AR15.  Flat top with MI rear and A2 front sight.  My rifle is shooting
way low and I need to adjust the front sight.  At 25 meters I am about 6 inches low to Point of Aim.  How
many clicks Up do I need to turn my front sight?  Will not have any range time for about a week and should
have a front sight adjustment tool by then.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:02:49 PM EDT
you need to go down not up...
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:24:23 PM EDT
When I said "up" I meant moving the point of impact up.  I know the actual front sight will move down.  Just
trying to get an idea how many clicks will move my POI up about 5 inches instead of a lot of trial and error.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:37:08 PM EDT
From this link: http://www.fulton-armory.com/targeting.htm

"The M16 and its many civilian clones are both easier and harder to target than the earlier designs. Targeting for elevation is simple if the rifle is equipped with the A2 type square front post with four detent notches in the flange. (Replace any older round post, five notch design) Each notch represents approximately 1.2 minutes of elevation change, about 2.5 inches at 200 yards. Clockwise rotation raises point of impact. Front sight posts that have been tapered on the sides and top to present a sharper profile should only be adjusted in full 360 degree rotations, which will result in nearly five minutes of change. Finer elevation adjustments will have to be done with a file. For typical 68, 69, 75 and 80 grain bulleted loads, target for center hits at 200 yards with the rear sight three to four minutes above bottom."

-J
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 4:23:29 AM EDT
Thanks for the link

So to move my POI up 5 inches at 200 yards, I need to lower the front post 2 notches, right?
Top Top