Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/6/2005 7:06:52 AM EDT
I was curious if anyone had any thoughts on simply cutting down the sight tower then clamping a YHM folding sight around the altered gas block, or replace the tower with the YHM front sight/gas block.

It seems preferrence to me. I really liked the sticky about the cutting down of the tower.

Thoughts? Opinion? etc..
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:22:57 PM EDT
A fews weeks ago somebody posted on here, why have a flat top with a front sight, so I thought, good point. SOOOOO ... I got my flat top out and ordered a YHM folding front sight on mine , and really liked it, It made my EOTech so much easier to use. Nothing in the way. It is hard to imagine how much better the Halo-thingy works till you try it with out the front sight in the way. a whole lot quicker. Really nice.

BUT I wanted to have 2 front rails, so I ordered the 3 rail add on.

It would not fit around the gas block. So I took it off and got a gas block that had 4 rails on it,

then got a YHM fold down front site.

I have a grren laser on the bottom rail, a M3 Streamlight on the left rail, where I can use my thumb to turn it on and off. I tried handguards with rails, but did not like the way they felt, even with the covers. I like this set up the best of all that I have tried. This has worked really well for me. I have been meaning to thank the guy who asked the question to start with.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:35:17 PM EDT
I'm not too sure you can clamp another sight around a shaved FSB...

I would think the only reason to chop one is to get an extended FF rail over it on the cheap.

Originally Posted By Away2:
I was curious if anyone had any thoughts on simply cutting down the sight tower then clamping a YHM folding sight around the altered gas block, or replace the tower with the YHM front sight/gas block.

It seems preferrence to me. I really liked the sticky about the cutting down of the tower.

Thoughts? Opinion? etc..

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:40:33 PM EDT
The only "cut down" gas block I have seen a sight designed to go around is Bushmaster's V-Match gas block" And the slip over sight is made specifically for it.
I have a YHM flip front sight gas block on my SPR-ish and really like it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:47:45 AM EDT
Thank you for all your input. I will see if the YHM sight will go around a shaved FSB prior to ordering it. Money is not to much a factor, more the desire to get hands on on this rifle! If I screw it up I'll buy a front sight/gas block combo, no harm done.

Thanks again.
Top Top