Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/19/2006 11:05:48 AM EDT
Here's the deal. I have a standard A2 FSB that I want to remove, and replace with a low profile gas block/FSB with a rail on it. I understand that the factory FSB is custom fit / indexed to the barrel with two pins.

Are there any railed FSB/Gas Block combos on the market out there which make use of set screws and can be installed without custom fitting or removing metal, and which are compatible with flip-up front sights and will reliably hold a zero?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#1]
You might want to check out PRI and Yankee hill machine, they both make a flip up sight/ gas block combo. They are both the clamp on style which are easy to install and adjust to zero the rifle. I happen to have the PRI unit and it seems to hold it's zero well for a back up sight.  Hope the info was helpfull .      PATRIOT ARMORY 07 FFL
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#2]
if you want a flip up front sight i would steer you in the pri direction.

no point of having a railed gas block and a flip sight to mount on it when you can have the whole package with less hassle
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Will the PRI flip-up match up with the ARMS #40 on a flattop?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:45:17 PM EDT
[#4]
PRI & A.R.M.S. #40, perfect match. Ihave been using this setup for a few years now.   Works great for me.  Give them a try , i'll think you will like the setup.    PATRIOT ARMORY 07 FFL
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:55:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
if you want a flip up front sight i would steer you in the pri direction.

no point of having a railed gas block and a flip sight to mount on it when you can have the whole package with less hassle

+1
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:52:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm looking into those. The price is making me raise an eyebrow though. How can these cost so much?

Also, any advice on mounting something like a Burris black diamond when part of the rail is taken up by the ARMS BUIS? What type of mounting rings or risers should I be looking at?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top