Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/17/2005 6:14:47 AM EDT
On a standard 14.5 M4gery does a Free Floating HG actually help or hurt accuracy? I know they are installed to alleviate the weight on the barrel from accessories to the upper, but is it really necessary on anything under 16inches?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:57:29 AM EDT
When ever you can relieve stress form a barrel, it helps the accuracy. Free Floating systems are the route most modern day warriors (and there procurement officer) are heading. With les stress on the Barrel, it (as little as it is) increases the life of the barrel. Also a benefit would be, if you were using a forward pistol grip, ie TangoDwon or and Surefire M900, and using the push pull method of fire, you can actually affect the point of aim point of impact. With free floating rails or tubes, when the same pressure is applied it would not kick the barrel in any direction, hence increasing your accuracy.

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:01:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Tactical_Operator:
When ever you can relieve stress form a barrel, it helps the accuracy. Free Floating systems are the route most modern day warriors (and there procurement officer) are heading. With les stress on the Barrel, it (as little as it is) increases the life of the barrel. Also a benefit would be, if you were using a forward pistol grip, ie TangoDwon or and Surefire M900, and using the push pull method of fire, you can actually affect the point of aim point of impact. With free floating rails or tubes, when the same pressure is applied it would not kick the barrel in any direction, hence increasing your accuracy.

Hope that helps.

It helps alot. Reason I ask is because I have a pinned A2 FH and was debating on the trouble to take it off to install a FF, but I believe I will now.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:27:02 AM EDT
IF you use a Samson / Troy rail then you would not have to remove the A frame for installation. so it would not be an issue for you, I ordered mine direct from Troy and they have a sale this month $225 with 3 TD panels. Hella deal if you ask me !

This is where I found out about it.

10-8

Top Top