Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 11/23/2003 4:49:47 AM EST
Ok... so I have a Post-ban Oly Arms PRC5 with a Oly Muzzle Break, A2 front sight, 16 barrel and currently a Houge Free Floating hand grip.

I want to start getting some more weight on the front end of this AR (Hehe) and need some place to start mounting. I was considering switching out to the FIRSH Hand guard to mount a Vertical Fore grip, a Tact Light, and maybe a Refelx sight (this gets expensive fast).

So the question is after spending $99 on the FIRSH will I want to pay some highly skilled smith to get it on? OR is this something fairly simple to do myself and make it right and true? I have a moderate level of skill with tools, but I havent taken down the barrel and gas tube and block before.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 10:35:18 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/23/2003 10:57:52 AM EST by R-32]
Pop 3 pins, one in the sight for the gas tube , I have to admit I dont know about your Muzzel break, (my stuff is all Pre-Ban) but that has to come off. Pop the 2 pins that hold on the front sight,Slide the front sight off, uncrew the free float , screw on the Ring that goes to the FIRSH, then screw on the FIRSH, Index it and tighten the bolt, now you can put your front sight back on,pin it, put your gas tube back in, pin it, replace your muzzel break. Pretty simple, I dont think you will need a smith, but if you want to go for it.
Top Top