Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 11:45:35 AM EDT
I have a free float aluminum 4-rail handguard on my ar-15.  When I shoot about 10-15 rounds fairly fast (i.e. one shot every 1-2 seconds) the rail get entirely too hot too grab.  The other bad thing is that the vertical grip attached to the rail gets really hot too.  Would the rail covers that people sell make any difference?  Should I get a polymer front grip?  Any suggestions are wlecome.

Thanks,
Wes
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:48:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Paracord wrap .

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:55:11 AM EDT
[#2]
My 16" Vmatch carbine has a smooth aluminum tube and I know what you mean about getting hot fast.  I wrapped it in 1/8"para cord and that fixed the problem and makes it easier to hold.  For my new build I am going the railed FF tube route with a Larue 7.0.  I will be using the TD vertical grip and TD pannels to protect from heat.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought about doing that but when I tried I could never get it tight enough to not move around.  Is their any info on how to do this?

Thanks,
Wes
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:58:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Since you said you have a rail system, I would stick to rail covers and/or vertical grip (Plastic one, not aluminum).  

Here is the Vmatch anyways.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:04:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I thought about doing that but when I tried I could never get it tight enough to not move around.  Is their any info on how to do this?

Thanks,
Wes

Look in here.
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=195425
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:19:14 PM EDT
[#6]
get a vert grip.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:27:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top