Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/19/2016 8:54:34 PM EDT
Hey everyone, I started my first build recently. And it is the definition of a franken gun. I started with a lower from a company called X Mad and it seems decent, a cmmg lower parts kit, no idea what brand buffer tube, smith and Wesson m4 stock, a2 pistol grip, spikes stt2 buffer. I just picked up a YHM upper reciever and it was a realy tight fit to the lower to the point I had to filed down the back locking lug a tiny bit to get it to where I can push the pins in and out easily. But I am now looking for a decent barrel for a decent price I'm not against spending a bit more money on the barrel but if I don't have to break the bank, why should I. I'm looking for a 16 inch mid length gas system for a decent all around build, something that I guess is decent in accuracy, decent longevity of life. Idk if I should try to find a barrel with a gas block already pinned in place or if I should try to mount a clamp on one myself. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:37:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey everyone, I started my first build recently. And it is the definition of a franken gun. I started with a lower from a company called X Mad and it seems decent, a cmmg lower parts kit, no idea what brand buffer tube, smith and Wesson m4 stock, a2 pistol grip, spikes stt2 buffer. I just picked up a YHM upper reciever and it was a realy tight fit to the lower to the point I had to filed down the back locking lug a tiny bit to get it to where I can push the pins in and out easily. But I am now looking for a decent barrel for a decent price I'm not against spending a bit more money on the barrel but if I don't have to break the bank, why should I. I'm looking for a 16 inch mid length gas system for a decent all around build, something that I guess is decent in accuracy, decent longevity of life. Idk if I should try to find a barrel with a gas block already pinned in place or if I should try to mount a clamp on one myself. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!
View Quote

Faxon or Ballistic Advantage.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:50:09 AM EDT
[#2]
We put a Faxon on my fiancée's AR build and have been very happy with it. The accuracy is good and the price was right.
We got it from AIM so it came with a low pro gas block. I recommend you take a good look at there stuff.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:10:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome guys thank you, I was actually looking at the faxon barrel on aims website this morning lol. These barrels are worth it though?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Awesome guys thank you, I was actually looking at the faxon barrel on aims website this morning lol. These barrels are worth it though?
View Quote

I think so. My fiancée wanted a lightweight build so we ended up getting the 16 inch pencil profile with a mid length gas system. The barrel has done a good job of putting holes were we point it.
If(more like when) I do another build I am going to look to them for my barrel. I have a DD barrel in a build and I would say the Faxon barrel performs just as well as the DD barrel.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#5]
for a price/quality ratio, it's hard to beat the barrels from Integrity Arms.  I've used a couple of their basic barrels, and have been really happy with the performance.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top