Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2005 10:16:47 AM EDT
I have a Bushy Varminter and the 2 stage trigger does not break right.Most times it goes right through the first stage.Can anyone tell me if the Compass Lake Eng.[ Frank White trigger] is any good.Compass Lake told me to send in my lower and they would upgrade my trigger to their trigger since the Bushy trigger is actually a spin off of their trigger anyway.Can anyone give me some imput on this? Sniper2003
Link Posted: 1/16/2005 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have a Bushy Varminter and the 2 stage trigger does not break right.Most times it goes right through the first stage.Can anyone tell me if the Compass Lake Eng.[ Frank White trigger] is any good.Compass Lake told me to send in my lower and they would upgrade my trigger to their trigger since the Bushy trigger is actually a spin off of their trigger anyway.Can anyone give me some imput on this? Sniper2003

While Frank White (CLE) builds some really good items, their trigger is not what you want. In its day, when it was about the only option out there that you could actually get, it was a decent trigger albeit it would come out of adjustment. It is nothing more than modified USGI parts and when it craps out, it reverts to the original pull weight or can even become a hair trigger, not good. I have known at least a dozen shooters with the CLE trigger that has had them crap out. Save some money and get a better trigger. Rock River is one and is actually cheaper than a CLE or maybe try a Jewell. Unless you want to keep sending Frank your lower via UPS, your best bet is another trigger.
Link Posted: 1/16/2005 12:33:50 PM EDT
[#2]
What about JT Enterprize? I believe I'd like a single stage anyway.   Sniper2003
Link Posted: 1/16/2005 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats JP not JT
Link Posted: 1/16/2005 3:00:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a frank white trigger and its never let me down.  I have had it for 4 years and counting.
Link Posted: 1/16/2005 6:02:03 PM EDT
[#5]
White Oak Armaments trigger is great!
Link Posted: 1/16/2005 8:38:25 PM EDT
[#6]
You need to turn the set screw ( loosen the lock set screw first ) that has the little 2nd stage plunger in it another 1/4-1/2 turn if you can't feel the 2nd stage before it fires. Also keeping the trigger well lubed will help keep it consistent. This is all they will do if you spend $ 20 to ship it to them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top