Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2004 4:53:25 AM EDT
Did anyone see the discussion they had with the Brady campaign man?????  Sounds ALOT like E.D. Hill is all for the ban......what do you guys think.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:57:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw part of the interview with La'piere and she was giving him the cold shoulder.  I think it's a sure bet she's anti-gun.  E.D. tends to do the interviews with subjects she sees as anti-family.

I'd be curious what Bryan or Steve's views are.

This takes the shine of off Fox & Friends a little....
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:59:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Steve kind of stayed out of it, but Brian sounded like he was clueless about the whole thing.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:10:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, she's for the family alright.  She's had about 6 different names and has about 6 kids.  What a dumb b***h.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:12:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Steve kind of stayed out of it, but Brian sounded like he was clueless about the whole thing.

This is what has worked most effectively against us. The masses truly do not understand what the law really means. Only the rhetoric.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:20:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I was hoping they would let people call in and voice thier opinion.

A local atlanta radio station was taking callers this orning on the subject, and I didn't hear a single caller FOR the ban, everyone who called, thankfully, presented valid arguements as to why the ban was sensless and a waste of time and resources. I was just glad no one called with the "they can have my gun when they pry it from cold dead hands" mentality. Thats NOT what we need to get out the facts.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:23:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:32:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm certain I saw the same interview. LaPierre did a good job. I didn't think E.D. was antagonistic. She even mentioned her kids in NRA shooting programs. Mr Hill is definitely pro gun and hunter. E.D. does seem to "lean" towards the Democrats, but I wouldn't call her anti-gun. In her family, that might be "dangerous". I didn't see the interview with the Brady character, as I already knew what he was going to say and "nature" was calling (which I considered more pressing).
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:42:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I got the impression E.D. was pro ban, and she was definately antagonistic towards Wayne LaPierre.  Earlier in the morning Fox was showing full auto video clips when talking about the ban.  Damn, just when I thought these guys where giving us a fair shake. Fair & Balanced ?  Not this time.

Rob
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:49:56 AM EDT
[#9]
The guy from the Brady Center was definately a turd tapper.  He said that the NRA was "changing their story", saying that the NRA claims there's virtually no difference between pre and post-ban guns,  but they used to say the opposite.  What a penis licker!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:53:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:55:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Saw it was coming on this moring while getting ready for work, but had to leave before it was on.  Thank god for TIVO.  I will be watching it when I get home.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:05:00 AM EDT
[#12]
I saw the interview with the anti-gun character.  I think E.D.'s tone was definately pro-ban.  No hard questions were asked such Why ban a gun that is used in a tiny fraction of crimes?

I agree with a previous poster one problem that we have is the public thinks the ban is for machine guns.  The public is clueless.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:39:27 AM EDT
[#13]
JUST BECAUSE THEY MIGHT BE LEANING MORE TOWARDS THE REPUBLICAN SIDE THAN THE DARK SIDE REMEMBER, THEY STILL ARE MEDIA (liberial biased bastards).
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:15:43 AM EDT
[#14]
F & F didnt even have all facts. They let the anti-gun bastard get away with saying that 66% of crime is commited with "assault weapons". The thing that cracked me up, was theat they showed videos of "assault weapons" that included: an M-60, and a rack full of "post-ban" ar 15's. I wonder what Mancow thinks of the sunset?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#15]
She came across as pro-ban cause she probably doesn't know what it meant, just like most of the public.

You gotta admit though, that those legs look nice in the morning.

Flame me, I'm a sexist pig.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:44:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Fox news has been doing better as the day went on.... On Dayside, Linda Vester read 2 viewer emails:
one  that guns are not responsible for crime, criminals are and the other was that many people are starting to see that we need weapons to defend ourselves from terrorists.   She didn't read any antigun emails.  She also questioned that if the ban was flawed , then why renew it?  
The latest Fox reports are stating that auto AK-47 and Uzis were not part of the ban are are still banned by an earlier law.   I think that at least helps clarify some of the misinformation.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:49:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

He is just clueless period.  In one interview he didnt even know people acualy eat moose.

I think if anyone thinks we have any freinds in the media, they are kidding yourself.  Pun intented.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:56:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Fox is the best that is available, but their a long way from perfect. At least they try to give the right a fair shake. CBS doesn't know what a fair shake is. They think the world revolves around Dan Blather and Senator Liberal, himself.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:56:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Here was my email to them, more folks should send them some email.

[email protected]

h=85%

Steve, E.D. & Brian:

I watch your show every morning.  I am a hunter and a sport shooter.  The coverage this morning of the assault weapons ban, especially the segment with Kelly Wright reporting, was AWFUL!

99.9% of the weapons you mention in regard to the 1994 legislation use a DETACHABLE MAGAZINE.  Not a "clip".  The M1 Garand, uses a clip - it was not named in the 1994 Bill.

Using this terminology would be like reporting on the OJ white Bronco chase and saying that OJ was in a Jeep Cherokee.  Worse yet, it would be like Steve doing the weather and reporting Hurricane Ivan as a tornado.  It really is THAT bad.

Please stop.

E.D.:

I'm glad your daughter is aspiring to her NRA marksmanship medals.  Your comment about sportsmen not using "assault weapons" is a little misguided and simply untrue.  The AR-15, or it's derivatives, has dominated the biggest long range rifle shoot in the country for many years -- try googling G. David Tubb for one of the best rifle marksmen in the world.  Further, the modularity of the weapon allows hunters to use "hunting calibers" to hunt various game -- from squirrels to elk.  The inherent accuracy of the AR-15 is astonishing and makes it a perfect rifle for hunters and sportsmen alike.  Lastly, the Second Amendment to the Constitution isn't a "hunting clause", nor does it really have ANYTHING to do with hunting or sport shooting.  Actual machine guns, like M16's, are already banned from future manufacture, they do still exist and they are available for ownership by regular civilians.  They run from $2,000-$60,000+.

Thanks for your great show on most every day.  Today was not so good.

Very well phrased.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:59:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

He is just clueless period.  In one interview he didnt even know people acualy eat moose.

I think if anyone thinks we have any freinds in the media, they are kidding yourself.  Pun intented.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:00:04 PM EDT
[#21]
I'd like to inject a little reality into her waste ejection port...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:23:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Did anyone else catch the Fineswine on Lou Dobbs? It made me sick to my stomach to hear her talking and pushing blatant misinformation. I know this is a normal thing but I never really saw her do it on TV like this.

The claims that it is a "sad and dark day for America" because now criminals and terrorists will have as many AK-47's as they want and they spray 30 bullets in 3 seconds blah blah blah.. plus how cheap and available they are going to be at local gun stores and gunshows now...

-WTF??? YOU COULD BUY THE SAME DAMN THING MINUS A FLASH HIDER AND BAYO LUG EVEN WHEN THE BAN WAS IN PLACE????? I think the AK's like the Romanians and whatever are everywhere now and cheaper than ever. I mean it isn't the same as before the import ban went in and you could get a 185.00 Chinese folder AK but still the availability is huge now.

Then she started in on the usual you don't need it to hunt it is going to be dangerous, cops confront the danger of assault weapons daily now.

Then I heard John "flipper" kerry on TV saying that he'll get all the weapons of murder and assault weapons off the streets of america

what a joke....
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Then I heard John "flipper" kerry on TV saying that he'll get all the weapons of murder and assault weapons off the streets of america what a joke....

And all this time I figured it would be better to just get the murderers and thugs off the streets.

What better reason to make sure you vote and get all your shooting friends to vote too.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:37:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Fox has really been ticking me off when they talk about the AWB. They show people shooting Uzi's, SAWs, full auto AKs, etc.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Do we need to start a write in campaign? Bury FoxNews with letters from viewers airing our complaints about their unfair and unbalanced, not to mention uneducated, coverage of this issue?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#26]
So much for Fox being a right wing network, eh?

Seriously, most reporters/news personalities haven't a clue.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Do we need to start a write in campaign? Bury FoxNews with letters from viewers airing our complaints about their unfair and unbalanced, not to mention uneducated, coverage of this issue?

Sounds like a good idea to me.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Stupid is as stupid does.

I cant watch the news anymore.. Stupidity is rampant!!!  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:10:00 PM EDT
[#29]
You talking about the guy who kept jerking his head around? That guy made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
I've yet to hear one person on the news that understands this bullshit.
-Steve
Archived [ARCHIVED THREAD] - Fox and Friends.....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top