Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 1:40:05 AM EDT
Has anyone ever thought that the location of the foward bolt assist was a bit off....wouldn't it make more since to have placed it on the left side of the upper??? think about it....that way you would still have control of the fire arm with the dominant hand(atleast...for us normal right handed folk)...if it became necessary to slap it with the heel of your handmuch more fluid motion   ....seems like tactically it makes more since...much faster to get back on target..i have seen  a left hand version of the rifle by stag arms....while almost everything else felt bass akwards..it seemed more natural(atleast for i)...hmmm...what do you guys think???
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:43:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Not that I've even needed it yet, I just use my thumb...
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:48:09 AM EDT
[#2]
It originally was on the left side. THey opted to move it to the right.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:52:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I use my thumb also
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:02:45 AM EDT
[#4]
What would be the result of pulling the trigger, while pushing in on the FA. That and rifle would have to come off the shoulder to operate the FA left handed.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top