Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/28/2006 6:34:11 PM EDT
Looked like some liquid of some type was there, but I brushed it off and it left a white out stain? at the edge of the mag near the floor plate there is white particles on the end??? The mag is a gray teflon busmaster 30 round mag. Does anyone know what this is, and if so will it break down the metal. Thanks guys
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:17:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Looked like so liquid of some typr was there, but I brushed it off and it left a white out stain? at the edge of the mag near the floor plate there is white particles on the end??? The mag is a gray teflon busmaster 30 round mag. Does anyone know what this is, and if so will it break down the metal. Thanks guys

I don't know what it is, but I know that it is quite common (particularly on teflon mags).  I've always been able to scrape it off easily with my fingernail.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Heard it was just some assembly line guy that LOVES    his job a little bit too much...

FFF
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:39:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Heard it was just some assembly line guy that LOVES    his job a little bit too much...

FFF

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:41:37 AM EDT
[#4]
We found the remains of that on the side of a teachers car while it was getting washed....
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:45:48 AM EDT
[#5]
If it looks like it is stuck in the cracks then it is most likely teflon from when they made the mags. It kinda looks like if you waxed your car and left wax in a crack and it dried. I bought ten mags from a vendor here and actually called him about it when I noticed a lot of white crud in some of the joints.

It won't harm the mag, it is a cosmetic defect, fingernail is the correct removal tool....
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:50:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I think it could be Anthrax call 911 STAT!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:55:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Looked like some liquid of some type was there, but I brushed it off and it left a white out stain? at the edge of the mag near the floor plate there is white particles on the end??? The mag is a gray teflon busmaster 30 round mag. Does anyone know what this is, and if so will it break down the metal. Thanks guys

Its the same stuff that leaks out of the Acogs with optic fiber on top,

Demon Jizz!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:07:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

FFF

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:21:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Could be some aluminum oxidation, which is white.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Snort it, and tell us what you see.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Snort it, and tell us what you see.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:45:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top