Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/19/2005 11:53:21 AM EDT

I picked an Aersal Can from walmart for 4.72 + tax. It acts as a foam. It works pretty good. I dont have any b4 pics of the upper im working on, but Gunscrubber and Brake cleaner didnt phase it. The paint was caked on pretty good and built up (I dunno what some ppl are thinking when they do this shit. lol). I thought it may be hopeless and ive have to resort to scrapping the paint off and tryin to get inbetween the grooves on the upper (this is Flattop). So far this stuff is doin pretty good job. Its messy, ya have to wipe all the crap off but its working, soon ill have a Black upper. I dunno what the over all finish will look like, but ill lube it all up inside and out with CLP.

*EDIT*..I jus found out the hard way. They recommend wearing chemical resistant gloves, I would suggest this, I got some on my hand directly, itll put a hurting on ya. I rinsed hand real well with cold water. it helped. but I was atleast using eyeprotection to spray this stuff on. So dont take chances protect yourself. One lil drop in your eye could mess you up for good.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#1]
it is " Klean strip Premium stripper "

It doesnt jus drip off like Gunscrubber or BrakeCleaner. It drips off the heavy stuff, but has a slimy film left that needs to be wiped off (wipes off with just a rag very easily).
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top