Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2013 5:28:28 PM EDT
While going through the parts collection I found these two old handguards.  They are the same ones that appear on Kyle Lamb's rifle on the back cover of "Green Eyes and Black Rifles".  I got them around 1997. As you can see, one has the flashlight mount and one doesn't.  Does anyone have any idea what they would be worth?

Link Posted: 2/28/2013 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#1]
They look like modified Armalite tubes.  Not sure what they are worth.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have provenance, you have money. If not, you have shit. Thanks for the pic - pretty cool. Limited market unfortunately.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 6:53:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Is that  that old Night Vision book with the purple cover ?
Link Posted: 3/1/2013 6:16:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
While going through the parts collection I found these two old handguards.  They are the same ones that appear on Kyle Lamb's rifle on the back cover of "Green Eyes and Black Rifles".  I got them around 1997. As you can see, one has the flashlight mount and one doesn't.  Does anyone have any idea what they would be worth?

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s417/M700Shooter/IMG_9390.jpg

No clue what their worth would be, but they do look very much like the FF rail that Kyle Lamb was using.

Have you tried to fit them to a rifle at all?  My concern would be whether or not they would properly time with the FSP in the proper position.  Do you remember where/from whom you acquired them?  

I would love to see some more detailed photographs of them.

~Augee
Link Posted: 3/1/2013 10:23:20 AM EDT
[#5]
It's funny that I just had this conversation with Augee not but a few weeks ago, very cool to see one of these with good pictures! Someday, I will build a clone with one of these... I will be watching this closely
Link Posted: 3/1/2013 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#6]
When you say they are the same ones, do you mean same type?  They are the same type, but not sure they are actual ones owned/used by him.
Link Posted: 3/1/2013 3:06:17 PM EDT
[#7]
They obviously fit over the FSB - looks like a PITA to install. I see they drilled holes to seat the pins, but still...
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 10:05:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Can we at least get some more photos?  Of the threaded inserts, maybe?  The flashlight mount "interface?"  The undersides and other side?  A better shot of the FSB pin holes?  

~Augee
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry for the delay in getting back to this thread.  Its been a busy month.  Here are some additional pictures.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 6:05:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Probably a basic questions, but can someone describe what the mount behind the FSB is for?

Interesting item.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:01:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Probably a basic questions, but can someone describe what the mount behind the FSB is for?

Interesting item.

ITAL .. a laser sight.
Its a good idea to have your beam along the line of the sights
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:05:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Interesting item.

AN/PEQ-2B(?) TPIAL or AN/PAQ-4C IR aiming lasers:

Probably one of the more well known photos of this type of handguard (Kyle Lamb):

~Augee
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top