Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2013 5:28:28 PM EDT
While going through the parts collection I found these two old handguards. They are the same ones that appear on Kyle Lamb's rifle on the back cover of "Green Eyes and Black Rifles". I got them around 1997. As you can see, one has the flashlight mount and one doesn't. Does anyone have any idea what they would be worth?

Link Posted: 2/28/2013 5:37:55 PM EDT
They look like modified Armalite tubes. Not sure what they are worth.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 6:39:36 PM EDT
If you have provenance, you have money. If not, you have shit. Thanks for the pic - pretty cool. Limited market unfortunately.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 6:53:05 PM EDT
Is that that old Night Vision book with the purple cover ?
Link Posted: 3/1/2013 6:16:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By M700shooter:
While going through the parts collection I found these two old handguards. They are the same ones that appear on Kyle Lamb's rifle on the back cover of "Green Eyes and Black Rifles". I got them around 1997. As you can see, one has the flashlight mount and one doesn't. Does anyone have any idea what they would be worth?

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s417/M700Shooter/IMG_9390.jpg

No clue what their worth would be, but they do look very much like the FF rail that Kyle Lamb was using.

Have you tried to fit them to a rifle at all? My concern would be whether or not they would properly time with the FSP in the proper position. Do you remember where/from whom you acquired them?

I would love to see some more detailed photographs of them.

~Augee
Link Posted: 3/1/2013 10:23:20 AM EDT
It's funny that I just had this conversation with Augee not but a few weeks ago, very cool to see one of these with good pictures! Someday, I will build a clone with one of these... I will be watching this closely
Link Posted: 3/1/2013 2:43:52 PM EDT
When you say they are the same ones, do you mean same type? They are the same type, but not sure they are actual ones owned/used by him.
Link Posted: 3/1/2013 3:06:17 PM EDT
They obviously fit over the FSB - looks like a PITA to install. I see they drilled holes to seat the pins, but still...
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 10:05:50 AM EDT
Can we at least get some more photos? Of the threaded inserts, maybe? The flashlight mount "interface?" The undersides and other side? A better shot of the FSB pin holes?

~Augee
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 5:47:58 PM EDT
Sorry for the delay in getting back to this thread. Its been a busy month. Here are some additional pictures.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 6:05:01 PM EDT
Probably a basic questions, but can someone describe what the mount behind the FSB is for?

Interesting item.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:01:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By yankee-V:
Probably a basic questions, but can someone describe what the mount behind the FSB is for?

Interesting item.

ITAL .. a laser sight.
Its a good idea to have your beam along the line of the sights
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:05:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/18/2013 3:07:07 AM EDT by Augee]
Originally Posted By yankee-V:

Interesting item.

AN/PEQ-2B(?) TPIAL or AN/PAQ-4C IR aiming lasers:

Probably one of the more well known photos of this type of handguard (Kyle Lamb):

~Augee
Top Top