Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 1/22/2016 11:18:35 PM EDT
1 round per trigger pull is semi.

2 rounds would make it a machinegun. ATF approved?

Fostech Trigger

edit: missed that part about the reset. Never mind. Carry on. $495 = No go.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 11:21:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Because its not firing 2 rounds on the pull. It's firing 1 round on the pull, and 1 round in the reset.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 11:22:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Not illegal.  One shot fired per pull on the trigger, doesnt say anything about release of the trigger.  There are other guns and similar triggers out there.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 11:22:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Because its not firing 2 rounds on the pull. It's firing 1 round on the pull, and 1 round in the reset.
View Quote

Ahhh..missed that part. $495. Way too expensive.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 11:24:48 PM EDT
[#4]
There's a 79 page thread about the Franklin trigger that does the same thing.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 11:32:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There's a 79 page thread about the Franklin trigger that does the same thing.
View Quote

And is possibly infringing on a Patent
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 11:49:25 PM EDT
[#6]
That's stupid. What kind of morons needs this stupid crap

Inaccuracy much?  It's like having a bump fire stock.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 11:54:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think that's the point.  Gives the more inform process that doesn't rely on you holding the rifle a certain way to force the bump fire effect.

Not my thing, but there are plenty of folks who will buy one.  Then the ATF will waffle and decided they are illegal.  

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 12:06:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep, it would be VERY stupid if you live where the largest capacity magazine you can have is ten rounds.

With a Beta C-Mag, beltfed upper, or a .22 conversion not so stupid

As to inaccuracy, there are people convinced that it will be outlawed for three gun due to double taps that are extremely close.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 12:19:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yep, it would be VERY stupid if you live where the largest capacity magazine you can have is ten rounds.

As to inaccuracy, there are people convinced that it will be outlawed for three gun due to double taps that are extremely close.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's kind of the only reasons to own one. I mean I don't do competitions, but I wouldn't use this for SHTF even with the .22. I can tap nearly as fast with my Giselle SD3G.

That's just my prerogative as an ex military though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 12:21:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, it beats the shit out of the bumpfire stocks. At least it doesn't render the weapon useless for serious duty
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 1:49:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's more accurate than a bumpfire stock, its like a burst trigger with its accuracy.  
This crap would not even exist if the NFA machine gun registry was open and we could just register a new MG on form 1 like we do with a SBR
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 2:23:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

The accuracy actually won't be nearly as bad as you think.  Bumpfire is a poor man's full auto, there are people that with practice can put many rounds on target with it (note that caveat, "with practice" meaning spent a lot of money pissing rounds away).

The 2 rounds with complete trigger cycle (press, release) is more like 3 round burst, which I would definitely want to get on an AR or similar rifle.  The follow up shot while not right on your original point of aim, is only going to be a fraction off, ie if you were having to shoot an attacker and aimed center mass, your first shot on center would yield a second hit around the edge of center.  Knowing its going to fire that immediate follow up, you can control the weapon to keep that even tighter - without having to expend nearly the amount of ammo in practice that you would to be proficient with a bumpfire stock.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 2:39:08 AM EDT
[#13]
these things are worthless til they can prevent hammer follow

once they do it'll be a game changer
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 2:45:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I think that's the point.  Gives the more inform process that doesn't rely on you holding the rifle a certain way to force the bump fire effect.

Not my thing, but there are plenty of folks who will buy one.  Then the ATF will waffle and decided they are illegal.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only after people write them a million times asking for clarification.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 3:31:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

There isn't any hammer follow.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 8:22:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL.  I guess you feel that 3 round burst and Full Auto are stupid also, huh.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

burning rounds for the sake of making noise just get a Harley
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 8:56:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know with the Franklin model it is possible to manipulate the trigger fast enough that you CAN experience hammer follow.  I am guessing the ATF was not/would not be too receptive to an autosear-like device to prevent this condition.  For me this hammer follow was the deciding factor.  Why would I want a trigger designed to increase ROF that could possibly render my gun inoperable at a critical moment?

Edit:  Skip to 2:30 in this video for proof of hammer follow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVJHVqgXRVI
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 9:03:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Does anyone have a link to the Franklin thread? I searched but failed miserably
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 9:06:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Does anyone have a link to the Franklin thread? I searched but failed miserably
View Quote

It is on this very page, and has been. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/666636_New_three_position_trigger_from_Franklin_Armory___Update_testing_underway.html
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 9:54:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
1 round per trigger pull is semi.

2 rounds would make it a machinegun. ATF approved?

Fostech Trigger

edit: missed that part about the reset. Never mind. Carry on. $495 = No go.
View Quote

Any issues with hammer follow?
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 10:20:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/ROKbeef01/pot%20drum_zpstyoajc9t.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't realize you were in battle, making every round count.  I'll have you know I own a Harley and a suppressor.  I also shoot my guns, and try to have as much fun as I can with them.  If I want to do mag dumps, that doesn't make me a moron, it makes me someone who is having fun, which apparently is evil suddenly with a couple of you.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 10:40:22 AM EDT
[#23]
It's still better than having the trigger turn on your gun light.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 10:51:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I didn't realize you were in battle, making every round count.  I'll have you know I own a Harley and a suppressor.  I also shoot my guns, and try to have as much fun as I can with them.  If I want to do mag dumps, that doesn't make me a moron, it makes me someone who is having fun, which apparently is evil suddenly with a couple of you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sometimes "stupid" is fun. If you want to be serious and think this product is stupid, No problem. That's your opinion, just don't buy it. If you want shoot fast and have some fun, you may want to consider this. I don't get what the butt hurt is. It's like the AK vs AR debate. If you like AK, great...buy an AK. If you like AR, great, buy an AR.
If you like chocolate ice cream.......
Seriously, I thought they taught this shit in preschool.

Plus its not a "need" but it may be a want for some. "Needs" is a word that I don't like at all.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Stupid as fuck? Yea, but ill be damned if im not buying one for the fuck of it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 1:31:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. But when I was stationed in Iraq and Ft. Bending we never used 3burst or auto at the range or even on mission.

Granted I guess we at the 75th Ranger Regiment and the rest of SOCOM doesn't know shit and neither does the Army compared to civilians.

Full auto was and is a waste of ammo unless you're a pussy with shell shock scared of tangos. Only other reason to use it was to have fun.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 1:47:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Franklin armory BFS is $100 less and does the same thing .... Unless they have done something different with their model that makes it better
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 1:48:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Full auto certainly has applications and use in military doctrine.  I agree that it likely has no use in law enforcement or for civilians (other than fun).

It has a place in squad tactics like breaking contact and supresive fire.  You didn't learn the Australian peel off in regiment?  Addimitily most supresive fire is done with light machine guns as opposed to individual rifles.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#29]
My selector is set up for three positions but only two are active, this trigger will give me access to that third position.I for any product that puts more fear into the gun grabbers.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 3:07:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

No. But when I was stationed in Iraq and Ft. Bending we never used 3burst or auto at the range or even on mission.

Granted I guess we at the 75th Ranger Regiment and the rest of SOCOM doesn't know shit and neither does the Army compared to civilians.

Full auto was and is a waste of ammo unless you're a pussy with shell shock scared of tangos. Only other reason to use it was to have fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wow best troll post ever. Take your crap to GD
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 3:19:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

. Your credibility just went out the window.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 3:28:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Holy.
Shit.

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I can tap nearly as fast with my Giselle SD3G.

That's just my prerogative as an ex military though.
View Quote

Then you are in reality  The Flash!  

Videos have been posted of 900 rpm.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure it will be like the BFS trigger. Hammer follow can be reduced with a heavier spring, lighter carrier, and an adjustable gas block. Franklin armory recommended opening the gas port but I'm not going to do that. So far I have mine running really well with 300 blackout.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure it will be like the BFS trigger. Hammer follow can be reduced with a heavier spring, lighter carrier, and an adjustable gas block. Franklin armory recommended opening the gas port but I'm not going to do that. So far I have mine running really well with 300 blackout.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I gotta mess with my whole system just to stop hammer follow I'm out. If there is 100% no hammer follow due to some type of disconnector they put in, I'm interested.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If I gotta mess with my whole system just to stop hammer follow I'm out. If there is 100% no hammer follow due to some type of disconnector they put in, I'm interested.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hammer follow does happen with fast firing... now double taps work fine with the unaltered system. The only other solution other than tuning your rifle to work is buying a registered M16. I'm not down for artificially inflated priced full auto rifles, so I'll tune my rifles
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 5:23:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tuning a system isn't for everyone.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Spikes makes a trigger which you can tune to do the same thing for around $130
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote

Which one?

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you mean with a rubber band?
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 8:28:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Hammer follow does happen with fast firing... now double taps work fine with the unaltered system. The only other solution other than tuning your rifle to work is buying a registered M16. I'm not down for artificially inflated priced full auto rifles, so I'll tune my rifles
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not necessarily. There could be a sear that doesn't allow the hammer to fall unless the bolt is in battery. Similar to a full auto but it doesn't automatically drop the hammer when in battery.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 9:57:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Interesting, that would standardize the rate of fire you could get from the trigger. If you are pulling the trigger very fast would that not cause a problem on the release (or pull) by not allowing you to release until the bolt is in battery? There would be a delay in the trigger BUT then you could lighten the carrier and put in a heavier spring to speed up the delay. In other words the trigger would work but you could make it run faster by tuning the rifle, kind of like the BFS trigger. It all goes back to the speed of the shooters finger with these triggers. If it were full auto it would work great because then the determination of how fast someone can pull and release the trigger would be not be a factor. Some people are getting 900 rpm and above with the BFS.

I like the idea maybe the ECHO has something similar. I'll have one as soon as its released.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 10:22:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

House clean much?
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 11:02:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Interesting, that would standardize the rate of fire you could get from the trigger. If you are pulling the trigger very fast would that not cause a problem on the release (or pull) by not allowing you to release until the bolt is in battery? There would be a delay in the trigger BUT then you could lighten the carrier and put in a heavier spring to speed up the delay. In other words the trigger would work but you could make it run faster by tuning the rifle, kind of like the BFS trigger. It all goes back to the speed of the shooters finger with these triggers. If it were full auto it would work great because then the determination of how fast someone can pull and release the trigger would be not be a factor. Some people are getting 900 rpm and above with the BFS.

I like the idea maybe the ECHO has something similar. I'll have one as soon as its released.
View Quote

Exactly. I know this trigger is more expensive than the BFS and this is the only reason why I could think of that would justify the higher price.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 2:50:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Exactly. I know this trigger is more expensive than the BFS and this is the only reason why I could think of that would justify the higher price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess we will find out what the ECHO is like in April.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it's a set screw inside the trigger itself that you adjust.  I own this trigger and it can be set to fire both on the pull and release of the trigger:
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#47]
I wanna see this run !!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 5:53:55 PM EDT
[#48]
I'll try to make a YT vid and post it next weekend if I can get out to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#49]
So basically they copied the Franklin Armoryn binary trigger?

At least Fostech got ATF approval, dont think franklin ever did.

Seems like a neat trigger but ill stick with my full auto.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

No, it's a set screw inside the trigger itself that you adjust.  I own this trigger and it can be set to fire both on the pull and release of the trigger:
https://4b1e874935ea5d25a97e-f099844d0e354c7ab50c55a966be6870.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product/XSTSLA02BT.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://4b1e874935ea5d25a97e-f099844d0e354c7ab50c55a966be6870.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product/XSTSLA02BT.jpg

I think if you check over in Spike's forum you will find that's NOT the intention of their trigger.

What you're doing is reducing sear engagement too far creating what can be considered an unsafe trigger.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top