Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/27/2002 9:50:29 PM EDT
Hey, those who own 'em...Whaddya think? Both are overpriced, yeah, but the ARMS#23 (made to go with the SIR I think)looks kinda neat...on the other hand, does the throw lever get in the way? Or is the KAC "broomhandle" the Godzilla of alll accessories?
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 10:15:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the ARMS #23 grip and am very happy with it.  In my opinion the angle and contour is more comfortable than the KAC part, and it certainly is more easily removable.  This will always come in handy when trying to fit your rifle into the ever-popular tapered "assault rifle" case (with the mag pouches on the outside).  BTW - the lever does not get in the way.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 8:06:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 8:22:47 AM EDT
[#3]
The Godzilla of all accessories is the Surefire M900. It is a forward grip and a awesome light all in one. If you thought the other grips cost too much, wait till you see what the price tag on this thing is. Price aside, I wouldnt replace mine for ANYTHING!
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 8:24:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Both are good grips but i personally prefer the knights.The round knights lends itself better to multiple type holds than does the arms. Just an opinion not gospel.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 9:05:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info, guys! As usual, too much good stuff out there to choose from...almost wish this were Russia! "Here is your Kalashnikov, comerade...no accessories!"
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 2:25:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe it's just me but I think both the Surefire M900 and the Fobus grips look like big dildos. What...somebody had to say it.

I chose the vertical that GG&G sells.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 2:40:04 PM EDT
[#7]
How does the ARMS#23, DIETER/CQD GRIP, and GG&G look like? Please post urls to pics. Thx.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#8]
How does the ARMS#23, DIETER/CQD GRIP, and GG&G look like? Please post urls to pics. Thx.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Didn't someone make a vertical forward grip that would extend as a monopod as well??
Are they still around?
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 6:10:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I also prefer the broomhandle style, but I like the one from Falcon Ind. (aka ERGO grips).  It's overmolded with grippy rubber, and comes either straight or with an 11 deg angle (my preference).  The handle is hollow and I carry spare 3v batteries for my Surefire light in it.  They also sell their standard ambidexterous Ergo pistol grip with an adaptor for forend mounting.

Mike Simmons
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Does the US military use the ARMS SIR, All I see in photos from the war zone are the Knights armament stuff!
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 9:41:10 PM EDT
[#12]
One thing I hate about the KAC grip is the need to slide the grip forward and back on the rail to add or remove it.  This can be a pain if anything else is mounted to your RIS/RAS.  The ARMS #23 doesn't have this same problem....

Now the rest?  Well, I've only used the KAC and ARMS 23 so I am all ears if there is something better?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top