Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 5:23:46 AM EST
My Eotech with Larue mount is about to arrive. 2 questions:

1: Can you still forward mount (meaning on the foreend) an Eotech if you use the Larue Mount?
2: Is it a good idea to forward mount an Eotech on a DD foreend? The DD does move side to side if you give it a little twist.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:58:16 AM EST

Originally Posted By spookyspiff:
The DD does move side to side if you give it a little twist.

It shouldn't. How tight is the retaining ring?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:07:43 AM EST
They do move. All DD do is what I've discovered. Found that out on this board after I bought it. Apparently that's one reason people like the Larue a lot better.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:23:51 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/24/2004 6:26:37 AM EST by LarryLove]

Originally Posted By spookyspiff:
They do move. All DD do is what I've discovered. Found that out on this board after I bought it. Apparently that's one reason people like the Larue a lot better.

I haven't heard of this issue before. I have a DD12 and it doesn't move, I even use a LMT rear sight with the Troy rail-mounted front sight as my primary sights on this weapon. I didn't know anyone had problems with the DD, but I would be pretty upset to buy a $300 handguard and then find it has some play in it.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:17:29 AM EST
Hmm. Yeah, i'm a bit disappointed. Try this though: give the rails a decent twist and see if you feel any movement. I'd be really happy to find out mine shouldn't move and that it can be fixed, but from what I hear, if yours doesn't move, you just haven't twisted enough.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:39:17 AM EST
Larrylove did you give this a try? Let me know if yours is definitely locked on tight.
Top Top