Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/24/2004 6:23:46 AM EDT
My Eotech with Larue mount is about to arrive. 2 questions:

1: Can you still forward mount (meaning on the foreend) an Eotech if you use the Larue Mount?
2: Is it a good idea to forward mount an Eotech on a DD foreend? The DD does move side to side if you give it a little twist.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:58:16 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The DD does move side to side if you give it a little twist.

It shouldn't.  How tight is the retaining ring?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:07:43 AM EDT
[#2]
They do move. All DD do is what I've discovered. Found that out on this board after I bought it. Apparently that's one reason people like the Larue a lot better.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:23:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
They do move. All DD do is what I've discovered. Found that out on this board after I bought it. Apparently that's one reason people like the Larue a lot better.

I haven't heard of this issue before.  I have a DD12 and it doesn't move, I even use a LMT rear sight with the Troy rail-mounted front sight as my primary sights on this weapon.   I didn't know anyone had problems with the DD, but I would be pretty upset to buy a $300 handguard and then find it has some play in it.  

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:17:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmm. Yeah, i'm a bit disappointed.  Try this though: give the rails a decent twist and see if you feel any movement. I'd be really  happy to find out mine shouldn't move and that it can be fixed, but from what I hear, if yours doesn't move, you just haven't twisted enough.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:39:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Larrylove did you give this a try? Let me know if yours is definitely locked on tight.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top