Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/11/2009 8:17:08 PM EDT
Hi,

Just got done cleaning my rifle, put it back together, pull the charging handle, and bolt goes back... and I realize I forgot to install the buffer spring assembly.  I can't get the thing back apart.  I assume it's because the trigger is cocked?  What do I do to get it apart to reinstall the buffer spring?  How do I fix?
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 8:19:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Slam it down muzzle first.

Preferably on carpet or something.

Don't feel bad I do this about 30% of the time when building a new rifle.
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 8:21:59 PM EDT
[#2]
nevermind the bolt is still gonna be stickin out
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks a ton, worked like a charm
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 8:27:46 PM EDT
[#4]
ROOKIE.....

Glad you got it apart
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
ROOKIE.....

Glad you got it apart

yeah, it's funny, I broke it down and put it back several times before I actually shot it.  run 340 through it today and it's my first real cleaning and ooops... oh well, chalk  it up to experience.
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 2:13:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
ROOKIE.....

Glad you got it apart

yeah, it's funny, I broke it down and put it back several times before I actually shot it.  run 340 through it today and it's my first real cleaning and ooops... oh well, chalk  it up to experience.

inexperience
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 4:17:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Did the same thing in boot camp. Walked up to D.I with a stupid look on my face with spring in one hand and rifle in the other. Felt like a total tool. Lucky we were to busy for him to thrash me right then. He fixed it and Ive never done it again.
Link Posted: 1/21/2009 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#8]
First, do pushups until you cry (thats what I would make you do if i was there) then seperate the upper and lower and slam the muzzle straight down on a 4x4 or landscape timber IF you have a flash suppressor or muzzle brake. If you have a crowned muzzle with no attachment, place a very thick towel on the wood. Then clean the latrine (bathroom) in your house until it shines.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top