Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2005 5:47:27 PM EST
I am about to place my CAR kit order with J&T and just want to make sure of a couple of things.  

Will the "pre-ban" definitely have a threaded muzzle?  

Will it still be somewhat recently made since it is defined as "pre-ban"?  I just didn't want a 1994 or earlier upper.  Now that there is no ban (and I'm in VA) I guess I am wondering if there is a reason they still use this terminology.  

Thanks.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:59:16 PM EST
There are a handleful of states that still live under bans of some type.  They can, in most cases, still have pre-'94 features on pre'94 lowers, so the term pre-ban still exists.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:05:25 PM EST
Yes the pre-ban will have a threaded barrel and unless you find one someone who has been holding on to it will be new. Look around this sight and you will see that new pre-ban parts are like legs on a snake.
As for the terminology some states that want to save you from those dangerous features still have an AWB.

Rules are for other people (FTW)
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:53:19 AM EST
Is TX free of these restrictions?  I gather it is - as I see post-ban-priced with pre-ban-only features in gun stores now.

I'm looking forward to my new build.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:16:04 AM EST

Quoted:
Is TX free of these restrictions?  I gather it is - as I see post-ban-priced with pre-ban-only features in gun stores now.

I'm looking forward to my new build.

there is no ban in tx but nfa still applies

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:19:10 AM EST

Quoted:
 I just didn't want a 1994 or earlier upper.  
Thanks.  

regardless of ban or not the parts are parts and you will get whatever they have on the shelf... if it has been sitting since 94 thats what your going to get which i doubt but yeah.

there are no restrictions on parts kits so they could have been built yesterday or 10 years ago regardless of bans........

..........but you would know for sure that a postban kit will be no more than 10yrs old    
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:58:44 AM EST
Right - I understand that aspect but if say I wanted a birdcage flash - hider I could now build this feature into my AR in TX regardless of the part's build date?

I want to maul.  I want to be more lethal with my vicious birdcage - ooh, and bayo lug too! (grin)
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:53:41 PM EST
Yes, you can have a birdcage.  However, just to clarify, there were never any restrictions on building or owning these parts (flash hiders, telestocks, and so on).  You just couldn't install them on a rifle, unless the rifle was preban.  It's the build date of the lower, as a complete rifle, that mattered.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:30:15 PM EST
Thanks for the info.  Hopefully I'll get high-quality, good looking parts in my JT CAR Kit.  Placed the order last night.  I hope to have it soon.  
Top Top