Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/9/2002 2:54:41 AM EDT
Anyone know where I can find a good foregrip to install in my AR15 carbine?

Like the look and feel of the grip; I can pull it this way tighter to the shoulder.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 4:57:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a mounting rail,  or are you planning to mount it directly to the barrel?
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 1:00:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Whichever works best; please recommend!

Thanks!

Jorge
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 4:14:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out Advanced Armament (not sure of the link)
They should have everything you need to get started.
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 11:53:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Bushmaster offers one that will mount directly to the barrel.  It is sturdy and relatively inexpensive. Depending on where you want your foregrip, you may need to modify the unit itself as well as your lower front handguard.

However,  most foregrips are mounted via a mounting rail.  They can range from a $15 mini-rail that bolts to the lower front handguard to high dollar rail systems (RIS/RAS, ARMS #45, FIRSH, C-More etc.) that give you almost infinite modularity.

Basically, it's like the old Car Racer adage "Speed costs, how fast do you want to go?"

GS

PS. I've even seen some dorks bolt up their drill's side handle to their gun and call it a forward grip...
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 8:41:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Knight's makes one.  GG&G also has one now.  I found one at SOGARMORY.COM as well.

Forgive me for mooching your post, but I have a question for y'all while I'm at it.  Anyone know if the Knight's vertical foregrip is hollow and can be used for storage?.  Is it plastic or aluminum?

Link Posted: 11/17/2002 1:53:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Falcon Industries (Ergo Grip) has a couple of Foregrips also. Someone mentioned previously that these do have a storage area.
The KAC foregrip is not hollow and is plastic/polymer. You use the base to tighten the grip down to the rail by a corkscrew arrangement.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 12:20:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Kihn.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 1:43:37 AM EDT
[#8]
No problem. DSA has one also.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 2:52:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Who has aluminum ones anymore? Most seem to be plastic and only one aware of now id MSTN's alluminum one they carry,but at 99.00 thats way to much for me!
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 7:46:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Think someone mentioned the Hesse may be all aluminum.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 9:14:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Fobus, makes a  plastic grip that slips on a standard rail.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#12]
I know [url]www.sogarmory.com[/url] has aluminum ones. They are similar to the Knight's in that they tighten to the rail via a shaft that threads up into the grip body(i.e. there is no room for storage). They are about $50 and appeared to be of excellent quality when I checked them out at a gun show awhile back.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 10:31:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The new Dieter CQD grip is all alloy and hollow for battery storage. Our EE ad under Parts has pictures.

Paul
MSTN
View Quote

I'm with Paul, this is a superb foregrip indeed, no plastic junk.

PP out
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
no plastic junk.
View Quote

Curious,  why is a plastic foregrip 'junk' when Your handguards, pistol grip and buttstock are plastic?  The KAC foregrip (the one in the SOPMOD package) is plastic IIRC.  Plastic is lighter, won't 'stick' to your hands when its really cold, and doesn't transmit the heat that aluminum would.

The aluminum may - may - be more durable.  But I'd rather my $35 pistol grip be damaged by a blow than damage the $200-$400 free float tube unit that its attached to.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 5:30:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
no plastic junk.
View Quote

Curious,  why is a plastic foregrip 'junk' ?
View Quote

Simple , because it can be broken down if hardly used , metallic one don't.
PP out
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top