Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 1:36:30 PM EDT
Hello all,

I have an Aimpoint Comp M3 in a Larue cantilever mount on a BCM 16" upper. The lever adjustment is tightened to the point where it latches to the upper very solidly. There is no lateral play, but there is a small bit of forward & back looseness, like the channels in the upper are a little wide or something.

My questions are:

• will this have a pronounced negative effect on accuracy assuming a 50m battle zero?

• Since all uppers may not be consistently manufactured, is this part of Larue's plan for that mount?

TIA,

/TCP
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:59:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Naturally I posted before going to the source:

I called Larue and got Mark Larue himself on the phone! He told me to tighten the mount down until "it's tough to close and a bitch to open" and that seems to have taken care of the problem.

Talk about customer service....thanks Mark!

/TCP
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:51:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Same thing happened to me. Same guy answered the phone. Same outcome.

Gotta love LaRue.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:07:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:15:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just remember that if you go to change that mount to another upper.  I've never put a LT product on 2 uppers and had them fit the same.  Specs, although supposed to be, aren't always the same from one upper to the next.

That's why they're adjustable.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:23:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top