Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2006 4:00:55 PM EDT
Sorry if this is a dupe...Where do you find it to be most comfortable to work the rocker switch?

I'm planning on mounting a light to the upper HG of my midlength ala the DIY scope base method, I'm just not sure where to mount it. I use a colt type side sling adaptor, and I'm not currently looking at rails or VFG's... trying to KISS this as much as possible. I'm thinking either 1-2 o'clock, but it seems a rocker switch might be hard to work on that off side. I'd like to keep the left side clean, so the sling cant get caught up in the light, and trying to keep the light high enough that the handguard can be rested without knocking the light or blocking the beam. Any input?

I'm considering a G2/ring/tapeswitch if I cant make a pistol light work.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:06:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Just like driving.....10 and 2(righty / lefty).
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:13:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Just like driving.....10 and 2(righty / lefty).

Those two make the most sense to me as well. 10:00 would work great, but I'm afraid the sling would get caught up in the light or block the beam.

I should probably buy a rail and use a VFG... but that'd kill the KISS theme.....

The other option I've thought of is a short rail at 6, with VFG and an offset light mount pushing a G2 or similar light out into the 4-5 o'clock area.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:54:41 PM EDT
[#3]
WDR, I'm a lefty.

The GG&G mount is right behind the front sight at 2 o'clock.

It's perfect for the thumb of your supporting hand.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top