Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2003 5:40:26 PM EDT
What do you like for folding rear sights and why?  Look for any and all input you can share, thanks!
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#1]
ARMS #38 rail with sight.  I like it, but it is not adjustable for elevation, nor can it co-witness with an EOTec.  If co-witnessing is not a priority, then the #38 is very nice.  However, I wanted it to co-witness.  The ARMS#40 I like a lot better but it also is not adjustable for elevation.  No matter, the front sight is.  And, the #40 will co-witness with no trouble.  I do not like the factory rear aperture with the "horizontal" line on the long-range aperture; with my eyes, the aperture gets lost with the top half of the sight missing.  While the #40 is available with the standard A2 aperture, #40A, the #38 is not so far as I am aware.  On both the 38 and 40 I switched them over to the standard A2 aperture which only takes a minute.  I also like the way the fold down out of the way and are spring loaded so they cannot be folded down accidentally yet spring up immediately.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I went with the ARMS#40 also, mainly because I wanted to co-witness my EOTech. I have been happy with it so far, and will probably buy another one in the future.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 8:10:12 PM EDT
[#3]
The Knight folding rear sight is very sturdy and co-witmesses with most electronics.

The GG&G MAD is brilliant. I'll be getting one soon.

Luck,

SD
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top