Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 12/9/2002 10:15:38 AM EDT
Just got an EOTech 511 mounted on my flattop CAV-15. Shoots great, like the sight too! But I have to believe it would be better to get that front sight out of the way when using the EOTech. I have a flip-up rear sight (ARMS #40), so I would like to retain iron sight back-up capability.

What is available in a fold down front sight? I assume it replaces the gas block as well. Does this require a gunsmith for installation?

Also is there something available with a short rail on the bottom if I want to add a small white light later?
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:31:22 AM EDT
[url]http://www.impactguns.com/store/knights_99051.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:35:40 AM EDT
Or a GG&G. Try a Google search and ask Kurt at KKF for the conversion cost.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 12:18:21 PM EDT
feedingcanibal: I dont have a RAS, so for now the Knights folder is not possible. WW: I looked at the GG&G, that looks nice! Pricey at $172 plus installation, but nice! I will have to figure out what KKF is and Kurt. Thanks Guys! Anyone else got other ideas or a best price place to get this thing or what in involved in replacing the front sight with the GGG flod down front sight. I'm fairly handy with tools, but know when to say "no".
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 12:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/9/2002 3:06:07 PM EDT by SMGLee]
Bill, Also look into the Precision Reflex front sight, it is a hot product currently used by the military. GG&G is also an excellent product, but is require GG&G to install it. PRI is pretty simple to do, and you can probably do it yourself. I would hjighly suggest the PRI as the best flip up front sight. GG&G will allow you to mount an accessory rail to the side of the gas block/flip up front sight. You can find PRI products being sold by MSTN, and others on this board. I think having the front post there is a good idea, since all you have to do is pop up the rear sight and you are back in business again. The front sight is just something to get use to, that is all. [url]http://www.grsc.com/SS-ARA-CUF.photo.JPG[/url] this company makes a great sling, and they offer a adapter that will fit onto your front sight post if you so decide to retain it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 8:05:20 PM EDT
Thanks for the leads. I can get used to the front sight in there, eh?
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 8:40:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/9/2002 8:42:56 PM EDT by BradD]
I just purchased a flip up front site with a picatinny front mount from Bushmaster. Itwas just $119 for both the rail that replaces the front site and the flip up. www.bushmaster.com/shopping/scopes/yhm-9370k.asp
Top Top