Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/25/2002 6:10:44 AM EDT
If you own em, how do you like em?

I also saw on Sable Co web site that the rails can be positioned in the 12/6 position OR the 9/3 position.  Does this mean that if in the 9/3 position, the vent holes would also be in the 9/3?  Think that would look a bit strange.  Anyone have pics of this set up on their rifle in the 9/3 position?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:49:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I recently purchased a set of these.
if you feel the need for rails on the forend this is about your most economical choice
they seem fairly solid on my M4 enough so in fact that I felt comfortable moving my Reflex to the forend rail. I do like them better than the add on rails that I have seen, I would have to say that they are sufficient for most of us
supposedly the Israelis use these but I have not been able to confirm it, I do wish and possiby if Fobus is listening/reading mold these with split rails on the sides as well and ship it with 4 covers total outer dimension about the same as the M4 guard then you will have a very useful product.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 6:45:21 PM EDT
[#2]
AFSOC, so will a M3 light(that fits on a Glock rail) fit on the Fobus rail?
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 5:17:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't know, if the Glock is Picatinny then I am sure it will I have a knights knockoff grip on mine and it works fine, pretty solid
and I mounted the Reflex forward on the forend
(Works better there for me and it seems to be pretty accurate there too.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 4:24:45 AM EDT
[#4]
No but GG&G sells an adaptor.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 7:26:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I replaced my bottom handguard with one of the Fobus handguards (note to do this you have to trim one side of the fobus to remove the tab).

It works fine for mounting a pistol grip, flashlight, or bipod (their bipod adapter works very well).

I would not use it to mount optics.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I use it for mounting a Reflex works fine no real difference as far as I can see the RIS/RAS is really no different other than being metal they fit tight there is no change in Zero when I pull them off and replace them they work fine for this I really wouldn't use them for a scope
or long range work again for scoped long range work I have a other rifles that I like a lot better and work a lot better for the extremes of range. I really have no need for a scope on an AR.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 5:18:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
the RIS/RAS is really no different other than being metal

You cant be serious. Have you ever used the RAS/RIS systems?
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I was looking to buy the RIS or RAS does it matter which brand some are sooo expensive
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 12:46:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's where I got mine & I love'm especially for the money. I also have not found them cheaper than this site.
www.cactustactical.com/index.html
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top