Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 5/25/2008 6:03:16 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/27/2008 3:33:52 PM EST by GreenLantern]
My friend has a standard J&T 16" HBAR barrel. He wants to have it fluted to reduce the weight. I told him it would probably be more cost effective to sell the barrel and buy a new one that's fluted. Am I steering him in the right direction or is maybe fluting the existing barrel not as expensive as I think it would be? Fluting the entire barrel, not just under the handguards.
Link Posted: 5/25/2008 6:16:05 AM EST
ADCO does barrel fluting. Check their web site for prices.

With that said, if I was your friend, I’d sell the barrel and use the proceeds towards a new M4 profile barrel, or a light weight pencil barrel.
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 3:34:29 PM EST
bump
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 3:43:33 PM EST

Originally Posted By QUIB:
ADCO does barrel fluting. Check their web site for prices.

With that said, if I was your friend, I’d sell the barrel and use the proceeds towards a new M4 profile barrel, or a light weight pencil barrel.

+1

Link Posted: 5/27/2008 9:52:04 PM EST
Dremel it!
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 1:15:53 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:41:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By PropDoc:
Fluting looks nice, but does not reduce weight as much as re-profiling under the HGs, on an HBAR. Fluting the entire thing would run about $120, profiling runs $64.

Whats the turn around time on something like that...i have a DS HBAR comming and im not a big fan of the HBAR look, the weight doesnt bother me its just the thick pipe look of it, i think some flutes would just accent the barrel enough to not make me want to sell it right away...and for 64$? hell why not..even for 120$ to get the whole thing done, would make the barrel worth that much more when did sell it..

J
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:58:25 AM EST

Originally Posted By Spinitfast:

Originally Posted By PropDoc:
Fluting looks nice, but does not reduce weight as much as re-profiling under the HGs, on an HBAR. Fluting the entire thing would run about $120, profiling runs $64.

Whats the turn around time on something like that...i have a DS HBAR comming and im not a big fan of the HBAR look, the weight doesnt bother me its just the thick pipe look of it, i think some flutes would just accent the barrel enough to not make me want to sell it right away...and for 64$? hell why not..even for 120$ to get the whole thing done, would make the barrel worth that much more when did sell it..

J

Yah no shit. Hell, I dont mind my HBAR now. But for $120 or so I wouldnt mind have some flutes cut. Just for cool factor. What is the turn around time for something like this??? And would I have to strip my upper down to just the bbl? or could I just send the whole upper -Minus: HGs and BCA and BUIS and all the easy things to take off??? Thanks!
Top Top