Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/24/2006 7:19:31 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/29/2006 10:12:48 AM EST by WanganKin]
Does RRA offer a fluted barrel?

If I get a RRA complete upper will it accept a flutted BUSHMASTER barrel in the future? If so will I be required to check headspace? If headspace is out of spec how would I have it corrected?

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:13:49 AM EST
I can't comment on RRA but I have two rifles outfitted with Wilson Combat's 16" flutted barrels. Both shoot great.


for pic:

They are expensive though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:33:23 AM EST
hopefully someone from the "uppers barrels and more" forum will wander over here to give us a definite answer but AFAIK RRA does offer fluted or I've at least seen fluted RRA rifles come from dealers on this board. I suppose they could have been aftermarket barrels installed into RRA rifles or even RRA barrels fluted by the dealer- ADCO can and will do this.

You can easily change out the barrel on the upper to any other barrel you wish. You should not have to worry about headspace. From what I understand, the headspacing is done when a barrel extension and barrel are mated together. As long as you don't do any milling or machining to the barrel or barrel extension you should be ok.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:15:36 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/25/2006 5:56:56 PM EST by dubb-1]

We flute all our own barrels. RRA does not offer this service.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:55:37 PM EST
Hmm...what is a "flutted" barrel? (spelling nazi)
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:18:09 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/25/2006 6:18:55 PM EST by Torridone]
Painfully obvious plug chainsaw one.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:06:40 AM EST

Originally Posted By JB_Metal:
Hmm...what is a "flutted" barrel? hr

I think it's similar to a fluted barrel but it has more "fluttes" thank you for pointing that out... I will go kill my self now.
Top Top