Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/25/2005 7:25:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2005 6:08:13 AM EDT by OverBored]
I finally got my equipment set up to flute barrels and ran this one off yesterday for a customer.

I thought it came out pretty decent considering it was the first one.

Maybe one of you computer guys would be kind enough to make this link hot for me. Thanks.

Tony Rumore
Tromix Corp

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:37:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2005 6:08:43 AM EDT by OverBored]
Added pic to Tony's post -- OverBored
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:14:24 AM EDT
that is real nice Tony.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:56:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2005 6:09:11 AM EDT by OverBored]
Here's a pic of the "HOG SLAYER" machining that I cut in the barrel. Another customer request.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:52:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2005 6:09:46 AM EDT by OverBored]
Man thats killer.

Added pic to Tony's post -- OverBored
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:03:03 AM EDT
Damn thats sexy

Tony, what do you charge to mill the flutes?

Also what is the FF handguard on the first one?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:48:16 AM EDT
Machining the flutes in the front half of the barrel will run $100.

That handguard is very nice. It is a GG&G unit and is small, sleek, and clean. All the other railed systems just seem big and clunky compared to it. It comes with a bunch of different rails and ribbed hand hold pieces that can be bolted just about anywhere on it. I have seen a lot of rail systems come through the shop and that one really got my attention.

Personally, I really dislike the railed handguards in general.........untill I got ahold of this one.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:41:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TonyRumore:
Machining the flutes in the front half of the barrel will run $100.

That handguard is very nice. It is a GG&G unit and is small, sleek, and clean. All the other railed systems just seem big and clunky compared to it. It comes with a bunch of different rails and ribbed hand hold pieces that can be bolted just about anywhere on it. I have seen a lot of rail systems come through the shop and that one really got my attention.

Personally, I really dislike the railed handguards in general.........untill I got ahold of this one.

What did install entail?
Something a newbie can do or is it difficult?

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:22:59 AM EDT
There are just six screws that bolt the handguard onto the OEM barrel nut. You have to removed the Delta ring from the nut before you can install the handguard, so that would require you to remove the barrl nut first, in order to get the Delta ring off of it.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:42:34 PM EDT
let me tell you, the 458 SOCOM is a hog slayer....nice job Tony!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:38:31 PM EDT
While I have not slayed many hogs with my .458, I have put plenty of rounds through her and it is great. She is in her third configuration at the moment - had Marty thread the barrel for a Vortex FH and have installed an interesting FFT for grins (triangle rifle length FFT from tactical gears - cheap but intersting). I am on a mision to creat the heaviest .458 out there. Why - don't ask. Just want to be different.

Will drop some picks when I get it all finished. Still waiting on my scope and working on a stock for it prior to duracoating it.

Marty - one of these days I will get all of these parts put together and go out and have a nice day with the range master shooting .204, .223, .338, .458 (x2), and 500 Phantom (x2) -oh don't forget the .308 upper. Should make for a real head turner.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:47:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By doc-rock:
While I have not slayed many hogs with my .458, I have put plenty of rounds through her and it is great. She is in her third configuration at the moment - had Marty thread the barrel for a Vortex FH and have installed an interesting FFT for grins (triangle rifle length FFT from tactical gears - cheap but intersting). I am on a mision to creat the heaviest .458 out there. Why - don't ask. Just want to be different.

Will drop some picks when I get it all finished. Still waiting on my scope and working on a stock for it prior to duracoating it.

Marty - one of these days I will get all of these parts put together and go out and have a nice day with the range master shooting .204, .223, .338, .458 (x2), and 500 Phantom (x2) -oh don't forget the .308 upper. Should make for a real head turner.

I just want to see the completed paint jobs on the rifle. I like the NIC version you showed, the blue in the other was a little too "loud" but the new version rocks.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:38:46 PM EDT
Got the .458 done this weekend. I decided to go with a two tone Green/Grey scheme. I colled the green with the grey and toned the grey with the green - so in the shadows there is no sharp contrast in colors. Even got the Teppo Logo on the FFT w/ .458 next to it! (Sorry - used my only SOCOM stencil in testing).

As far as the blue (Cold Shadow Pattern) - the blue in the DuraCoat test plate was just some left over that I had and I plan on toning that way down to an almost grey like the NIC Titanium Blue. I am awaiting the rest of my ceramic coating order - so as soon as I get that in, baring no one slaps a patent number on my rear - I am coating that big ole' 500P in the next couple of weeks.

Just give me a heads up on the brake so I know when to expect it. I will most likely do the brake, the mounts, bipod, etc in a solid black so I can get them later and finish them off with no trouble and will not have to worry about matching the pattern.

Email me for pics - not sure how to link picks here??? Hey do not laugh - I tape ankles for a living.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:41:08 PM EDT
email me at cdean@acsalaska.net and I will post your pics
Chris
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:17:28 AM EDT
Nice one, Tony.
Top Top