Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/11/2003 12:53:27 PM EDT
FYI fellas....weeks ago I ordered some magazines from Floridagunworks.com Two days after the order was placed, they charged my credit card. $300 worth or magazines nowhere to be found. I have sent at least a dozen emails to them with one response stating their server was deleting my emails because they were coming with attachments. BS. So no mags, no phone number on his site and no response from them. If I were you, I would take your business elsewhere. You have been warned. Now wish me luck in attempting to get my money back.

Moderators-do your duty

UPDATE 12/16/03
After a grueling battle of composition with FGW I have been issued a credit for the merchandise I ordered. I will hopefully see my credit tomorrow. We shall see.
Here is the deal:
Last evening I received a voicemail from Myra at FGW, she sounded very concerned and very sincere about resolving this quagmire.
Myra and I spoke at great length this morning about this problem and here is what I have learned. FGW is owned and operated by Myra and her Husband. They have struck a contractional deal with an associate to allow him to soley operate the internet side of the business DBA Florida Gun Works. Problem is, Myra and her Husband, as their contract is written have no control over the internet side of the business. They are well aware of this problem, and according to Myra are doing everything within their power to sever their business relationship with the entity whom operates the website.

I do not know exactly who runs the website, but it's not the actual owners of FGW as said. Now, many of us are in business and know how these things happen and what a nightmare they can turn into.

I consider myself a very good judge of character and after the conversation I had with Myra this morning it appears to me, their only crime is allowing this moron to run their website. For now, I am giving Myra the benefit of the doubt. She is a very polite and sweet woman and unless she is scholarly in Drama, I feel she is telling the truth. I cannot say I will do business with them in the future but I will say that at risk of putting herself in the legal-crockpot with her partner, she refunded my money and is sending me a sling for free.

I am of the opinion that the VAST majority of Americans are decent and honest people so for now, let's give them the benefit of the doubt. My suggestion would be to avoid the website. perhaps if we do not order anything from the site, it will help run the cockroach out into the light to be squashed and Myra and her Husband can go on with their lives.

If you wish to place an order with FGW, I would suggest you contact Myra direct at:
305-207-7100 she is very helpful.

Now as far as the Magazines are concerned the M14 magazines as advertised ARE NOT USGI making them overpriced by about $35 and most likely Chinese, you do the math, they won't work.

Myra did not know the difference between a GI and non-GI magazine. I explained to her how to identify them and she was honest with me, no alpha stamp on the rear of the magazine body, I believe she did not know how to I.D. them. Do you guys know many people except us who can I.D. G.I/Non-G.I magazines?

I can say Myra was polite, honest and helpful so you fellow Patriots will have to decide for yourselves whether or not to do business with them, I will most likely not but kind of like how I'd never eat another Big Mac because 20 years ago I got raging food poisoning from one. I am sure if I ate a Big Mac, I'd be ok, but why re-live the emotional pain?

If nothing else, let this be a lesson to anyone whom wishes to screw us. Let this be a lesson in our resolve as a group to stand steadfast boot-to-boot and rally for one another when the heat is on, that is the America I know and love. Better yet, let this be a lesson to the anti's, the anti-gun Congressmen, Senators, Police Chief's etc. We will stick together and the worst thing for them and the best thing for us is the Internet. The internet has become a staple tool in the defense of our rights and uniting us as a community.

I ended my conversation with Myra with each of us wishing each other a Merry Christmas. I believe in her and I believe she will do the right thing. Let's hope they get out of this website deal, it cannot be good for their digestive systems.

I will confirm bank credit tomorrow. Thanks to all those that helped me scream into the wind and rattle some cages, I do believe this was what resolved this, not my letters alone.

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Call your credit card company and get the business phone number for Florida Gun Werkz. They should, by law I think, have it on file, and they will give it to you. I had to do this a few times.

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:18:24 PM EDT
[#2]
You had to go through this with Florida Gun Works?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:22:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Do a search guys.  they've been reported to the attorney general of florida.  no contact number at all for their "business".  I placed an order and didn't get any response on an order cancellation for days (cancelled 15 minutes after I placed the order) so I called my credit card company.  Luckily they didn't charge my card so I closed my account and opened a new one....no way they could charge my card after that.  Needless to say, the following day they said the order was cancelled (gee, I wonder why....).  There have been MANY complaints about the company.  Steer clear...
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, they charged me almost $300 refuse to respond to me and their number is disconnected.
Lovely. Worse thing about it is I used my debit ATM Mastercard. Guess I got fucked.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Ouch.  I always use a "credit" card for big purchases and simply transfer the money from by debit card to the credit afterwards (you know, if I actually have the money..lol).  Call your bank, see what they can do to help you.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#6]
The bank is trying to help, they are actually being helpful but honestly they don't know if I will get my money back. I am pissed.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You had to go through this with Florida Gun Works?
View Quote

No, I only buy AR stuff over EE and from CMMG. But I had a problem with a company that I bought stuff from in the past that screwed me.

I paid for an item and never recieved it, 3 weeks went by and I tried to call the companies phone #, it was disconnected. I called my CC company and they got me the "new" number. The guy was surprised to hear from me. I had to threaten him with legal action to get my $$$ back, but it worked out.

PATRIOT: You got mail
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:39:08 PM EDT
[#8]
My bank helped me with a similar problem when I used my Visa debit. The debit had the same protection as a credit card through my bank.

Some ideas.

Was Florida Gun Works incorporated? If so, check the state's corporation commission website. This should give you the officer's names and addresses.

If you have names then check the county recorder's office and maybe their website. Maybe they have deeds on property recorded. This will give you addresses.

If the guys were in AZ I would help you hang them.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:44:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, good points. You know, it just makes me sick. Gun people should never fuck other gun people, not that anyone should fuck anyone (proverbially speaking) I wonder what type of low-life asshole this guy is where he rips people off without giving two shits. I am pissed beyond belief. Wanna know what makes it worse? These were supposedly NIW USGI M14 magazines. The Florida AG should have shut this asshole down by now. Had I known this, I would have never ordered from him.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:50:26 PM EDT
[#10]
FGW has been playing this for a while (heck, do you think a lack of a phone number is a coincidence.....they've learned from their own mistakes....).  I never would have put all the clues together but I did an unrelated search and turned up an msn group dedicated to pursuing legal action against florida gunworks and a scam-reporting site that had them listed as well.  I ran scared and pulled the plug.  That was my close call and I only order from reputable dealers now (I may spend a little more but it's worth it for a good night's sleep)  I'll try to track down the info for the company for you.
8306 Mills Drive, #571 Miami FL 33183

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff41548.htm

http://groups.msn.com/FloridaGunworksComplaints/home.htm
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:52:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Check your IM.
I have the info you need.

GOOD LUCK
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:58:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Retail Store Grand Opening
Monday, December 15th at 11:00 AM
Please visit us during our Grand Opening Week for great deals! Our new shop is located at 8870-3 S.W. 40th Street.
To be added to our store openingcall-back list, please call us at (305) 207-1300 and leave your
contact information or fill out this form.

[url]http://www.floridaarmory.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#13]
FGW is notorious for screwing people, sorry to hear it happened to you.  Please keep us posted on your situation.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 2:10:29 PM EDT
[#14]
[red]I think this is them under a new name.[/red]

Florida Profit

FLORIDA ARMORY, INC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRINCIPAL ADDRESS
8306 MILLS DRIVE, UNIT 571
MIAMI FL 33183

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAILING ADDRESS
MIAMI FL 33183

Document Number
P03000040173 FEI Number
NONE Date Filed
04/09/2003
State
FL Status
ACTIVE Effective Date
NONE

Registered Agent
Name & Address
SPIEGEL & UTRERA, P.A.
1840 SOUTHWEST 22 STREET, 4TH FLOOR
MIAMI FL 33145  

Officer/Director Detail Name & Address Title
TAYLOR, KARL

MIAMI FL 33183  DP
TAYLOR, MYRNA ST

MIAMI FL 33183  DVP

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 2:22:50 PM EDT
[#15]
[red] Their county recorder's site doesn't show the document like here in AZ. I tried.[/red]

County Recorder's Record Search CFN Details

CFN #2001 R 558737, Group ID #1

First Party (Code): CHASE MANHATTAN MTG CORP (D)
Second Party: TAYLOR, MYRNA &H
Subdivision Name:
Legal Description:  
Clerk's File No: 2001 R 558737
Rec. Date: 10/12/2001
Doc. Date: 7/18/2000
Entry Date: 10/23/2001
Block No:
Section:
Township:
Range:
Folio No:  Pages in Document: N/A (null)
Group ID: 1
Doc. Type: SMO - SATISFACTION OF MORTGAGE
Rec. Book/Page: 19951 / 3410
Orig. CFN No: 2000 R 344649
Orig. Book/Page: 19199 / 1011
Plat Book/Page:
Misc. Reference:

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:29:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I really can't thank you guys enough for the support and the help, you can imagine how pissed this has gotten me. I always buy from reputable dealers, this was a one time deal because I bought an M1A, was excited and bought some mags from them. Unbelievable. If nothing else, at least this will help others from getting screwed in the future. thanks again guys, I will keep you posted on the details.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#17]
I had a friend who ordered a First Samco light mount from this outfit...he had to call several times and threaten them with action from his credit card company to get his order...took about 5 weeks - but they charged the card immediately. I would not hesitate to take whatever action you can via your credit card... file a complaint with the federal trade commission for fraud, and let him know you have done so.

Do us all a favor and file your complaint here:
[url]https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01
[/url]

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#18]
did a whois search and this is what I got. Hope this helps. You might be able to report them to their webhost.

floridagunworks.com Back-order this name

Registrant:
High Velocity Enterprises Inc. (FLORIDAGUNWORKS-DOM)
8153 SW 153rd Court
MIAMI, FL 33193
US

Domain Name: FLORIDAGUNWORKS.COM

Administrative Contact:
Taylor, Myrna (MTU330) [email protected]
High Velocity Enterprises Inc.
8153 SW 153rd Court
MIAMI, FL 33193
US
(305) 608-4140 fax: 999 999 9999
Technical Contact:
ValueWeb (HOS237-ORG) [email protected]
ValueWeb
3250 west commercial Blvd.
Ft Lauderdale, FL 33309
US
954-334-8000 fax: 954-334-8001

Record expires on 24-Jun-2004.
Record created on 24-Jun-2001.
Database last updated on 11-Dec-2003 21:09:44 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS.VALUEWEB.NET 216.219.253.211
NS2.VALUEWEB.NET 216.219.254.10
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:42:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I will have to remember this (company) name when the gun shows come back to my town.   [grenade]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:44:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Going to bank this morning to file the credit card paperwork then I am going to write a letter to the Florida AG. Then I will fil a complaint with the FTC and I will file a complaint with his ISP if possible. Be careful though if you get a number for this choad from information, I tried that and got another gun store in Florida who says he gets calls for Florida Gun Works all the time and they are all people looking for this guy's head on a platter.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:44:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Retail Store Grand Opening
Monday, December 15th at 11:00 AM
Please visit us during our Grand Opening Week for great deals! Our new shop is located at 8870-3 S.W. 40th Street.
To be added to our store openingcall-back list, please call us at (305) 207-1300 and leave your
contact information or fill out this form.

[url]http://www.floridaarmory.com/[/url]
View Quote

I see their prices are still high.

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:18:48 AM EDT
[#22]
patriot73, you emailed me a couple weeks back about this right? I had a similar experience when I ordered a Garand parts kit from these bastards. I took the liberty of posting a nice long article about the ordeal to warn other potential customers.

I definitely recommend that no one do business with this company... EVER.

[url]http://www.thebodyshot.com/articles/0308/flgunworks.shtml[/url]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:36:17 AM EDT
[#23]
There are jackals in every business. You should be able to get your bank to refund your money to you, and then they'll get it from the company. Most banks will do it, even if you don't have the VISA card. If your bank won't, I'd start looking for another bank.

~AbM
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm going to their shop for the grand opening, I've been talking to a guy named Carl who sounds like he's calling the shots for the business, he's been real cool over the phone.
They've pushed the grand opening back about 3 times already, I like to buy my stuff cash and carry where I can get my grubby little mitts on it first, especially mags.
I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:12:15 PM EDT
[#25]
I wouldn't give them a penny of my business.

FUCK 'EM!

In other words Spartan, Buy your mags on EE, not from Florida Homo Werkz
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:33:20 PM EDT
[#26]
one thing you can do is report them to the better business bureau.  they are an agency that uses a variety of methods to promote ethics in business.  here is a link to the reporting page.  good luck and thanx for the warning, i definitely wont do any business with them.

http://complaints.bbb.org/Welcome.asp
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:37:42 PM EDT
[#27]
In fairness to Florida Gunworks I bought a PAC import Imbel Gear Logo FAL receiver from them a year or so ago. Didn't have any problems. Price was a little higher than most places but they had it in stock when others didn't. Quality of the receiver was fine & turned into a fine G1.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:05:10 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm sorry to hear this happened to you.  I definetely won't be buying from this merchant.

-Jim
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:19:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Not to second guess anyone, but just on principle I [b]never[b] deal with any Internet firm that doesn’t post a phone number and street address.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:18:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Nothing to do with this thread but on my website I do not give my home address out, or put it on my business card because I do not need every local worker from Iowa Beef Packers stopping by and wanting to look at machineguns.

So there can be valid reasons for that. Phone number is a gimmie though.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Educate me, what's EE?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:26:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Be careful using debit cards as "Credit" cards.  Most banks will treat them like Credit Cards as far as disputing "charges" but that's policy and not a legal requirement.  Read the fine print.  And if they get stolen somebody can bleed your account dry and you will play hob getting the money back.. You probably will but it will take a lot of time and hassle.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:41:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Educate me, what's EE?
View Quote

Equipment Exchange.  Here on this board.  A great place to find just about anything (and sell your stuff) from other members here at AR15.com.  Click the link on the top of your browser.

Edited for spelling.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:36:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Patriot73, thank you very, very much for this post!! I was about to buy some parts from FGW. I had my Visa card out and was ready to order momentarily.

I figured I should check in here and do a search first since I've never ordered from these guys before. Now I'll buy elsewhere.

I'm sorry that you are having problems, but I am very grateful that you were thoughtful enough to share your experience here.

Thanks again [:)]

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#35]
ARG!
I just got my rifle and one of the 1st things I was going to was get one of these for it.
[url=http://www.floridagunworks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FG&Product_Code=240&Category_Code=ARA+MISC]HERE [/url]

I thought i would look good instead of the long looking 16 inch barrel however, I was thinking of a coat of duracoat over the goofy words on it.

Does anyone know if this is for sale anywhere else? When I did a seach all the others came up as airsoft.

Thanks for your time.

Edit: tried to make the link "clickable."
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:23:20 PM EDT
[#36]
It's really too bad they can't get their act together - they do have cool items for sale.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:59:48 AM EDT
[#37]

If the guys were in AZ I would help you hang them.
View Quote

I'd bring the rope!

Good luck bud,,

Ron
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:02:21 PM EDT
[#38]
A note from the owner of FloridaGunWorks:

I would like to start off by saying that although FGW may be guilty of being a bit slow at times in the shipping process, we never have nor will we ever take a customer’s money or stiff anyone.  We try to solve all order concerns in a timely manner (within reason) and when it cannot be solved, a customer is either given a credit or a refund.  I would like to address the recent complaint by patriot73.  I have contacted the previous management of FGW and this is what I was told: “This customer placed his order at the end of November, and his order was set to ship last week.  We received an e-mail from the customer threatening chargeback to his credit card and we are awaiting a response from him regarding whether or not he still wants his order.”  This was their last e-mail to the customer on 12/14/03 for all to review:

"Wayne,
First, you have no legal basis for your accusations. You are jumping to
conclusions, we do business with thousands of customers monthly, and a small
amount are unhappy, that is expected, we are not out to steal money from
anyone, especially on a credit card where the customer only needs to make a
call and dispute the charges and get his money back or not even have to pay
and we get charged fees. Think about it! You are being ridiculous. Your
order was set to ship today, we have been behind on shipping due to the
holidays, this is normal with many companies and our order emails to ALL
customers states "orders can take 1-3 weeks to process, especially during
the Holidays" read your order confirmation email that you received after
your order was placed. If you have filed a claim with your credit card
company, I will stop your shipment from shipping and await the chargeback
from your credit card, I will have to do this because if you filed a dispute
with your credit card company, they will shortly be removing the funds from
our account and charging us a fee, thus, you would not have paid for the
merchandise your would be receiving and that would be theft. If you have not
filed a claim and you just wish to cancel your order, we can credit your
card or we can ship the merchandise to you immediately if you still want it.
We try to make everyone happy to the best of our ability.

Again,
I say to you, these are the holidays and we are very backed up. That is the
reason for the delay. We await your reply.

Matt"

First, I just want to say that I am not trying to convince anyone to buy from FGW, customers can make up their own minds about where they want to shop, this is a free country.  In order to clarify the current situation at FGW, I would like to say that FGW has had some management problems in the past, which have caused certain inefficiencies in the order process.  We sell to thousands of customers on a monthly basis, and it is expected that not everyone will be happy, do the math.  We try our best to accommodate these few unhappy customers, within reason.  We have been known to offer free merchandise to customers that are unhappy in order to make them happy, I don’t know of any other company that does that.  Also, many people that are talking negatively about us on this thread have never even bought from FGW and have just joined the bandwagon for the fun of it. After every order is placed on the website, a customer receives an e-mail with his order confirmation and they are told that orders can take between 1-3 weeks to process, depending on current volume and holiday traffic.  At this point, if a customer does not want to wait, they have the choice of canceling their order.  November of this year, we pulled previous management, most of the staff, and bought out the partner in charge of the website for FGW in an effort to better the company’s customer service and ordering process. As of December 15, 2003 the company, is solely family owned and managed.  During the next few weeks orders may be delayed due to this changeover of command as well as the holiday rush, that is why we are e-mailing all customers with the 1-3 week notice above.  The previous management did not post the phone number on the website, in an effort to keep the company solely internet based, we will starting the new change by posting all contact information.  Our new contact number for orders and questions will be (305) 207-7100, although it is not yet on the website. We are working to revamp the website with new contact information soon.  Any concerns and/or problems should be relayed to either Matt or Amanda at Customer Service.  Customers with previous order concerns or questions can also contact this number, and we will look into your order.  We at FGW hope that this change will be beneficial for all our customers and that the small amount of unhappy customers that are inevitable when you run a business, will be reduced dramatically.  

Regards,

K. Taylor, CEO      
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:00:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Florida Gun Works (305) 207-7100

This sounds like good news for patriot73
I hope you guys can work it out.

Thanks for the reply and please
Keep us posted
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:24:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
ARG!
I just got my rifle and one of the 1st things I was going to was get one of these for it.
[url=http://www.floridagunworks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FG&Product_Code=240&Category_Code=ARA+MISC]HERE [/url]

I thought i would look good instead of the long looking 16 inch barrel however, I was thinking of a coat of duracoat over the goofy words on it.

Does anyone know if this is for sale anywhere else? When I did a seach all the others came up as airsoft.

Thanks for your time.

Edit: tried to make the link "clickable."
View Quote

Hopefully they get their shit together, they have some stuff, like that, that I would like to get
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:36:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Had a similar experience with FGW - wish I had read this forum first.  Ordered "M14/M1A mags, USGI, new in wrap", paid 50 bucks each, and they were NOT USGI...trying to exchange them was like pulling molars.  WORST customer service I have ever experienced.  I may finally get the 7.62 ammo I ordered as an exchange, but it has been over 3 months since I first started this fucked up transaction.  we'll see.

According to the last email I got from them, they have been purchased by FLORIDA ARMORY

I wouldn't do business with these guys again EVER.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 9:05:17 AM EDT
[#42]
1-3 week processing time?!?  That's insane....especially when you have HUGE companies such as Midway USA and Brownells that will process and ship on the order on the same day.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:04:09 AM EDT
[#43]
LOL.

I like the 'sincere letter' that Kocksucker Karl sent back blaming the customer and the previous management. Looking at the replies in the thread the "small percent" of unhappy customers appears to be the overwhelming majority. Hey Karl, (I know you are checking this thread every day) -your a true piece of shit and if your going to continue screwing people you should switch your product line to something like those hovercrafts in the back of Popular Mechanics. A clientele of pissed off gun owners sounds unhealthy.

Jason      
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 12:46:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Yeah, their reply (Florida Gunworks) is typical.  Typical of small companies that think they are big enough to make large claims (excuses) and even larger promises (lies).

Sometimes a simple "we are sorry, we'll fix it ASAP or we can return your money" is all that is needed or asked for.

Florida Gunworks has really outdone themselves huh?  I'm sure they've lost several potential customers due to this thread alone--not because of patriot73's claims alone, but buy their attitude in turn.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#45]
I know I already posted on this, but despite the reasonable sounding letter from FGW higher-ups, I can tell you that I have NEVER experienced being treated so poorly from a customer service standpoint as I was with FGW.

I should have had my credit card company yank my money back when I returned the falsely advertised "USGI" M1A mags to them.  Not only did I pay to have those mags shipped back AND insured by UPS, FGW charged me a 20% restocking fee, even though all I was doing was exchanging those mags for store credit.

I just was not an educated consumer, next time I will just let the credit card company flex its electronic muscles.  

In the mean time, I am glad things like this forum exist, I only wish more people read them.  Then companies like FGW would realize that they need to treat people better.  Ever heard the phrase 'the customer is always right?'

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#46]
BTT

Guys, please call Myra @ 305-207-7100 if you are in the process of getting jagged by the website. I am sure she will help you. If she does not, we continue our fight but I believe she will.

Thanks
-Patriot
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm another dissatisfied Florida Gunworks customer.  It takes them easily 3 weeks to ship something that should take one day via UPS.  They sold me a FAL kit that was described as being in excellent condition (it looked like it had been runover by a tank).  So I sent it back for another.. (had to pay a bunch of extra cash after they hiked their prices.)  So after about a month and a half I get a decent kit that's missing a bunch of parts.  I contacted the head guy via email (good luck getting them over the phone).  He sent a few of the parts but pretty much told me he couldn't do anything about the other parts (he didn't have them).  At this point it just wasn't worth screwing around anymore.... even if they agreed to get the other parts I'd have had to wait 3 weeks to get them, whatever.  This whole process took pretty darn close to three months (I shipped fast).  FGW just sucks!  

Link Posted: 12/19/2003 5:19:06 AM EDT
[#48]
I have received my credit from Florida Gun Works. Myrna personally issued me a credit and has been extremely helpful and extremely honest. From what I understand, the person running the website for FGW that has caused this nightmare for all of us and the owners of FGW, well he has has left the picture. I guess he has decided it was a good time to give the website back to Myrna and her Husband. I would give these guys the benefit of the doubt, Myrna is really a very, very polite and helpful woman. I would not hesitate to call her and order something from her in the future and I believe after they get caught up cleaning up the mess this guy made, the website will be ok. There are good people out there willing to do right.
SO.....
I know I started all of this but no more bashing FGW please. I have provided a way for anyone who is having a problem to get it resolved and Myrna may be very backed up as a result of all this but she is a good lady and will make it right if she can. Also, the guy who ran the website is gone, he was the problem. Thanks to everybody who helped out on this one, you guys are the best!!! Keep in mind she is dealing with a mountain of paperwork right now cleaning this mess up for a bunch of customers.
Remember, this is a family business and I have no reason to doubt Myrna, everything she said she would do she has done and she has kept in contact with me the entire time, I'd give this business another shot.

A great weekend and a very Merry Christmas to all.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:14:50 AM EDT
[#49]
soooo.....who's going to be the Guinea pig and order something to see if all is better?
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Sorry patriot, but I just gotta post this.

I finally got my merchandise from FGW as well.  1000 rounds of Portugese .308, in exchange for the falsely advertised 'USGI' mags I had originally purchased and wanted to return.  The price on the ammo was $229, NOT really a good deal, but it was the only thing they had that I wanted, and at this point I was worried about ever getting my money/merchandise at all, judging by the delayed, non-helpful replies to my e-mail.
All told, the entire exchange took 11 weeks.

As to the COST of this ammo - counting the original shipping charges of $7.00, having ship the stuff back insured, another $9.00, their 20% 'RESTOCKING' fee of $50.00 (you will get the irony here later), and shipping charges on the new ammo of $33.00, my rough total for this case of ammo was $328.00 !!!!!  That's not to mention the 3% 'non-cash adjustment' they charged - I am not sure if they ever refunded this when I originally returned the mags, but add at least another $8.00 bringing the total to $336.00!!!

thats almost 34 cents per round.  I could have gotten MATCH ammo for that.

I feel like a total idiot for paying this, but thought it was important to post this.

I ALSO couldn't figure out what the holdup was.

Well -

Stuck under my FGW invoice (by accident,I presume) was an invoice from aim surplus (a reputable surplus dealer to my knowledge).  On that invoice were several large orders, and amazingly enough, the portugese 308 was there as well, FOR $139.50 PER CASE...

So not only did florida gunworks fleece the crap out of me, they never even had the stuff in stock, they are just buying it from another retailer and charging $90.00 more per case.

That is why I find their 'restocking' fee so ridiculous, since they obviously don't even have stock to start with.

ONCE AGAIN - I WILL NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN.

and the next time something like that happens, I will be a good consumer, and just ship the stuff back, eat the shipping cost, and have my credit card company yank my money back so fast it will make the retailers' heads spin.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top