Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2003 12:05:44 PM EDT
I have been out of the loop for awhile but was wondering if anyone could direct me to or post some pics of the PRI and or GG&G flip ups on carbine setups. I am trying to decide on purchasing one. Leaning toward the PRI.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 8:12:18 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=16461[/img]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=15633[/img]
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#2]
You are leaning correctly as far as I'm concerned, and that's where the military also went, PRI.
Jack
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 5:09:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I went the PRI route, specifically the clamp on version.  Install took about 10 minutes.  The GGG model requires sending your upper to GGG I believe.  Just food for thought.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:36:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Does anybody know why GGG requires you to send your barrel to get the sight installed??  Is there something amazingly complicated about their setup?  I have looked those numerous times and have been turned away solely because I have to send off my barrel.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:41:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 3:07:25 PM EDT
[#7]
GG&G does not require you to send your barrel to them. It does need a machinist or gunsmith installation. I purchased one from them the last month. I had my gunsmith install it. It is working great. The locking detent is great.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 3:08:19 PM EDT
[#8]
GG&G does not require you to send your barrel to them. It does need a machinist or gunsmith installation. I purchased one from them last month. I had my gunsmith install it. It is working great. The locking detent is great.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#9]
SURE SURE SURE!
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:31:06 PM EDT
[#10]
3rdtk and 1919A4guy posting in the same thread...how odd!  [:D]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:41:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Please don't compare me with his so called expertise, he can't even put the front sight on himself he says, and sends it to a gun smith, sure. LOL
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 11:23:15 AM EDT
[#12]
I've found it very easy to drill and tap the taper holes, install setscrews and lock the sight assembly onto the barrel that way.  For the ultimate accuracy perfectionists, this allows you to adjust your front sight pin to the exact center of your windage adjuster, but for most carbine shooters this is probably a mute point.  I've used this to mount front sight posts on barrels where the original sight post holes do not line up with the holes drilled in the barrel with regular success.  I would probably do the same with the GGG sight as well.  Please let me know where I can get a GGG sight assy.  Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top