Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/17/2003 6:37:22 PM EDT
I am about to get a Bushmaster V Match and throw a IOR Valdada on it with some sort of QD ring system (their high QD rings or ARMS #35 set-up). Should I just get the gun with the regular front sight post and set the scope up to sight over it? Or should I get the milled post and front flip-ups? The Bushie BMAS flip-up front sight doesn't look that great for $100.00 and the PRI and Knight front flip-ups cost EVEN MORE! What is everyone's take on this?

I will be using an ARMS #40 rear sight unless anyone has better suggestions. That seems to be the favorite around here though.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:57:36 PM EDT
I'd leave the front sight tower alone, you most likely can't see the front sight anyway. I can see the tip of mine just on the bottom of my ACOGs, but if you use a higher magnification scope you probably won't, personally I think nothing looks better than the triangular front sight tower, and it's always up and ready. [img]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/pf1618623964341aa10302bfe3619dad4/fc3ef14f.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:04:04 PM EDT
That is what I was looking for, thanks. By the way, that is one sweet ride you got there.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:14:09 PM EDT
Thanks big [:)] That's just my opinion, let's hear from the professionals and folks that have folding front sights. I've considered doing what you mentioned, either cut off the sight tower and install a KAC RAS mounted unit, or get a PRI front sight. In the end I decided I was fixing a problem that didn't exist for me. These folding front sights are popular for good reasons, just none applies to me.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:28:27 PM EDT
I also like fixed, full front sight too. Flip up ones should be useful for scopes with 6+ power magnifications.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:02:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:04:23 AM EDT
bigjuice, I would set up your scope mount and look through it before you do any front sight replacement. Srarting at about 3-4X magnification you won't be able to see the front sight anyway (maybe a slight blur on the bottom of your view), due to the focal length of the scope. The higher you go in magnification the less you will see of the front sight. I was all set to replace my front sight w/ an Armalite picatinny rail gas block & removable sight base until I checked out the view through my 4-12X-40 scope.
Top Top