Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 2:03:08 PM EDT
Fellow Black Rifle Lovers,

I recently got myself an Aimpoint M2 with a GG&G cantilever mount and BUIS for my flat top Bushy.  Question is where on the standard flat top receiver should I position the mount?  I know it needs to be forward for a NVD, but that's not an issue right now.  So I'm really interested in daylight only opinions.

Any tactical or practical reasons for it to favor the front of the receiver as opposed to the back or vice versa?  I haven't had it to the range yet to see what works better for both optical and iron, but I thought I would still throw this one out.

Thanks for everyone's input.

P.S.  Yes, I did look through the old postings and sorry if I missed something on this from earlier.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:31:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:36:30 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a good question...
You will get a lot of opinions and the Military really has nothing set in hard doctrine as to the correct location. Some will tell you to have it as far out in front of you as you can, others Swear it should be close to you. I run an ARMS Mount with the cantilever spacer. the mount it self is on T-10 on the rail (dead center on top of the mag well) and this puts my ML2 centered on the Delta Ring. I find this works the best for me give or take a rail slot or two.

Try it in several different locations until you find something that works well for you. you should be able to see both the Dot and your target with both eyes open.

Even though I run a KAC RAS and would never mount my sight on it for stability/zero issues, I tried it once all the way forword on my Rail infront of the front sight. Did not like it one bit. covered up to much of the tgt and put more weight forward making the balance feel funny. Just was not for me. Too close to my BUIS felt weird also. So as a general rule, most plant them pretty much in the middle and that's where I see the majority of reflex sights mounted.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top