Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 3/29/2006 9:31:58 AM EST
OK I know its the movies but I want a flash suppressor like the guys have on their AR-15's in the movies. They don't hide the flash but rather the flash comes out in about 6 or 8 spots around the end of the barrel. They look just like the A2 flash suppressor I have on my AR. I'm not going to war so giving up my location to the enemy is not a worry. I want some fireworks coming out of my barrel. I know what kind of ammo you shoot has a lot to do with it too. Does anyone know what they use to get that affect?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:44:00 AM EST
That's what an A2 does. I don't understand your question.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:47:07 AM EST
On one if the shows on Discovery Channel the said that they loaded the blanks for the ARs in movies with large quantities of fast burning powder (pistol powder?) to get the most flash.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:53:57 AM EST
Flash hider is different than flash suppressor. A2 is a flash hider/compensator.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:01:27 AM EST

Originally Posted By bnorman:
That's what an A2 does. I don't understand your question.

No, that's not what an A2 does.

"movie flash" is a combination of specially loaded blanks and modified flash suppressors with muzzle constriction (for auto operation with blanks) that directs pressure radially out the vents in the FS. In short, you CAN'T get that "look" from live ammo firing.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:04:10 AM EST

Take a look at this YHM Phantom Comp/Brake model YHM-5M1 & YHM-5M2 (“no snag” design) "NOTE: This is NOT a Flash Hider".

If you try to use high flash brands of ammo you might get what you want but not as good as the movies special effects.

YHM Muzzle Accessories website link
Top Top