Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/8/2003 2:00:58 AM EDT
I heard that a flash supressor should only be hand tight? How to do it without marring the finnish? Thanks

Chris
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:10:13 AM EDT
With your hand?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:58:26 AM EDT
I heard Elvis was alive and living in Grand Rapids! From TM9-1005-319-23&P: Torque compensator [AKA flash supressor] to 15-20 ft-lb (20-27 N-m) using combination wrench and torque wrench. Torque is measured when both wrenches are used together. Some portion of the opening of the third or middle slot must be straight up (align with the front sight post) at proper torque level. Thin sections of the peel washer may be removed or added as required. Save unused sections. -- Chuck
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:50:21 PM EDT
Thanks! I thought there was a correct answer to this question. Chris [whacko]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:32:33 PM EDT
I read the same thing on this site as well. Hand tight for best accuracy.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:52:55 PM EDT
If you are starting from scratch, you will need to purchase a post ban lower receiver. In a way, this is a good thing as you will not need to worry about flash hider tension which does have an effect on accuracy. ( The AMU found that a flash hider screwed on HAND TIGHT is the best in terms of accuracy. Too tight and it will distort the bore and affect accuracy. ) A quality post ban barrel with a target crown is a good thing, no matter how odd it may look at first glance! This eliminates the flash hider completely and allows one to keep a close tab on the condition of the crown. Avoid those staked on post ban muzzle breaks! You can never service the crown, clean it or even see it with these things! Either go with no muzzle attachment or stick with a pre-ban military flash hider on a pre-ban gun. A real case can be made that no muzzle attachment is the most accurate anyway, as it will allow the gasses to expand evenly as the bullet leaves the muzzle.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:59:59 PM EDT
http://www.snipercountry.com/AR15_part1.htm I thought this guy has alot of good things you guys should read. Chris [whacko]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:55:35 PM EDT
Fixed the link for ya: [url]http://www.snipercountry.com/AR15_part1.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:57:05 PM EDT
Thanks! +1 for you.
Top Top