Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/19/2008 2:11:31 PM EDT
I took off my A2 flash hider to remove my FSB and install a YHM flip gas block sight and then went to put the A2 back on and no matter what position I try to to start with on the threads I cannot get it back to the original position with the ports facing up. Is there something I need to do or just keep trying to put it on right. I was talking to a friend on the phone for over an hour and twisted it on and off and couldnt get it right. HELP ME!
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Twist it until it indexes properly. A barrel vise will help to keep the barrel nice & secure & also so you don't over torque your barrel. Are you using a crush washer?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:16:02 PM EDT
[#2]
If it is a flat lock washer it may not return to the same position, but a peel or crush washer will work much better for you if you cant get it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Its a cruch washer, I also tried to put on a Yankee Muzzle Break I have and it wont go on right either, it came with a crush washer.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:38:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Get a barrel vise & put it in a table vise. Tighten the FH until it indexes & there you have it. Or, you can evenly sand down the muzzle side of the crush washer for the wecsog way until the FH lines up. I prefer the vise method as it allows you to tighten the FH on the proper way & is the easiest method.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top