Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
4/1/2020 4:14:10 PM
4/1/2020 6:58:51 AM
Posted: 11/19/2008 2:11:31 PM EDT
I took off my A2 flash hider to remove my FSB and install a YHM flip gas block sight and then went to put the A2 back on and no matter what position I try to to start with on the threads I cannot get it back to the original position with the ports facing up. Is there something I need to do or just keep trying to put it on right. I was talking to a friend on the phone for over an hour and twisted it on and off and couldnt get it right. HELP ME!
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:15:13 PM EDT
Twist it until it indexes properly. A barrel vise will help to keep the barrel nice & secure & also so you don't over torque your barrel. Are you using a crush washer?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:16:02 PM EDT
If it is a flat lock washer it may not return to the same position, but a peel or crush washer will work much better for you if you cant get it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:28:17 PM EDT
Its a cruch washer, I also tried to put on a Yankee Muzzle Break I have and it wont go on right either, it came with a crush washer.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:38:09 PM EDT
Get a barrel vise & put it in a table vise. Tighten the FH until it indexes & there you have it. Or, you can evenly sand down the muzzle side of the crush washer for the wecsog way until the FH lines up. I prefer the vise method as it allows you to tighten the FH on the proper way & is the easiest method.
Top Top