Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 2:15:26 PM EDT
Does anyone make a flash hider for a varmint barrel approx. .925 diameter? I'm working on building one and I'd like one for shooting varmints at night, coyotes mainly. A small dia. hider on would look kinda wierd on a .925 barrel. Any links or site addys would be appreciated.

Danny
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:31:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I know you said Flash Hider but take a look at this:
jprifles.com/BennieCooleyEliminator.shtml

Look at item at bottom of spread sheet. Item #JPTRE-4S
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:00:37 PM EDT
[#2]
That ought to keep your varmint in your sight picture.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:59:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, but I am wanting to cut the muzzle flash to be able to see after the first shot. It's wide open where I hunt and often you see several at a time. I'd like to be able to shoot more than once... if'n they're herded up.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I've seen a Vortex on a varmint barrel that had been threaded.  It didn't look as bad as you might think.  Reminded me of the "step down" just before the flash suppressor on a standard .750 barrel.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Well you could aways do the paperwork and get a sound suppressor, that would cut the muzzle flash down quite well and as a free side benifit it would cut down on the noise as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top