Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 4:06:39 AM EDT
Now that the AWB has expired, I would like to do something about the basketball-sized gout of flame that comes out of the end of my varmint barrel with some loads.  On the rare occasions when I fire the gun at dusk, it is like having a flashbulb go off in my face, and is somewhat disorienting.

Should I have the muzzle turned down and threaded to take a Phantom or a Vortex?  How much would it cost?

Or can I put a JP brake on the barrel and expect it to reduce flash? (as perceived by the shooter.  I am much more interested in not being dazzled than in not being seen)

I've also considered getting one of those 0.920" muzzle brakes that Volquartsen makes for the 10/22,

although I wonder if it would hold up on an AR, and could be mounted securely enough to prevent it from being launched downrange.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:26:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Head over to Kurt's Kustom forum.  He's got a special for threading BBL's $35 for standard size FS.  He could even make you a special BB stainless FS for a price.  Post your ? in his form and he should reply, it's almost the best way to get ahold of him.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top