Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 10/29/2003 8:34:11 AM EDT
Do you get any flash suppression from muzzle brakes like the AK brake or the Cavcomp?
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 8:45:28 AM EDT
I'm 'certain' there's no flash suppression from muzzle brakes cause BATF would be unhappy if there was. (Course anything that re-directs gases might just.......... . Naw couldn't be.)
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 12:38:28 PM EDT
I had a an Armalite 20 spr barrel with the muzzle break.. it reduced flash beeter then the a1 and a2 flash suppressors on my four other weapons..... Hell I have a a Gemtech suppressor on my M4 that still throw out flame in Semi mode.... My 22 conversion with suppressor on a 7.5 barrel looks like a freaking laser beam.....with a two foot stream of red fire But sub man is correct the BATF (taxing authority mind you) has us all protected from the evil flashhiders...
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 1:12:41 PM EDT
I have an ArmaLite with a 20-inch barrel and factory muzzle brake with two vertical slots on either side. Using Winchester Q3131A ammo, which I've heard contains a flash retardant, it spits out a fireball about three inches across. I consider that pretty fair flash suppression compared to the basketball-sized fireballs I've seen coming out of AK-style brakes and bare muzzles. The M16's I shot in the Army didn't do too much better than the ArmaLite in the flash department. They just split it into a star-like pattern instead of a sphere, but the diameter was about the same.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 9:28:07 PM EDT
i've got a wilson combat tactical brake on my bushy m4 and i sware it reduces the muzzle flash by at least half. pretty cool shooting it at night too cause you get 3 flame discharges from top and 2 sides and one out the pee hole.. my buddy has a shorty bushy without a muzzle device and when he shoots it at night it looks like a 44. mag going off. BILLYXM15
Top Top