Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2003 8:34:11 AM EDT
Do you get any flash suppression from muzzle brakes like the AK brake or the Cavcomp?
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 8:45:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm 'certain' there's no flash suppression from muzzle brakes cause BATF would be unhappy if there was.  (Course anything that re-directs gases might just..........  .  Naw couldn't be.)
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a an Armalite 20 spr barrel with the muzzle break.. it reduced flash beeter then the a1 and a2 flash suppressors on my four other weapons.....

Hell I have a a Gemtech suppressor on my M4 that still throw out flame in Semi mode....

My 22 conversion with suppressor on a 7.5 barrel looks like a freaking laser beam.....with a two foot stream of red fire

But sub man is correct the BATF (taxing authority mind you) has us all protected from the evil flashhiders...
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 1:12:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an ArmaLite with a 20-inch barrel and factory muzzle brake with two vertical slots on either side.  Using Winchester Q3131A ammo, which I've heard contains a flash retardant, it spits out a fireball about three inches across.  I consider that pretty fair flash suppression compared to the basketball-sized fireballs I've seen coming out of AK-style brakes and bare muzzles.  The M16's I shot in the Army didn't do too much better than the ArmaLite in the flash department.  They just split it into a star-like pattern instead of a sphere, but the diameter was about the same.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 9:28:07 PM EDT
[#4]
i've got a wilson combat tactical brake on my bushy m4 and i sware it reduces the muzzle flash by at least half. pretty cool shooting it at night too cause you get 3 flame discharges from top and 2 sides and one out the pee hole.. my buddy has a shorty bushy without a muzzle device and when he shoots it at night it looks like a 44. mag going off. BILLYXM15
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top