Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2004 8:07:23 PM EDT
Guys:  I was wondering if their were any effects on bullet velocity or accuracy from adding a flash hider.  I know that a compensator will often decrease velocity not to mention the increase in db towards the shooter, however I have not found published data (accuracy or chrono) on barrels with and without a flash hider.  I would be interested in comparison data that any of you have gathered or observations  that you have made.  --  The reason why I ask this is that I have a 20" Post Ban Colt HBAR that I am considering adding the "evil" features.  The rifle has a crowned bbl with no muzzle device and is a real shooter.  I don't want to sacrifice any long range accuracy with any mods that are made.  The scoped rifle weighs in at 11 pounds unloaded and is quite cumbersome (imo) so I have to determine whether to commit this rifle for long range use (with long range mods only) or lighten the bbl and configure as a fighting rifle.

Thanks in advance for any data, comments or ideas.  -- MT --
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top