Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/26/2009 8:55:53 AM EDT
Guys if you can help me out here, my choice is between Stag arms Left us 2HTL which comes with a Quad rail, ARMS #40/L rear  flip up sight but a fixed front post or Model 3L which has no front and rear sights, So I will have to put them if I want. I am looking to put optics but will like to start with iron sights.

I see a lot of set ups here with fixed front  sights but is there wise choice in favor or against the fixed front posts.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:07:21 AM EDT
[#1]
My personal preference is: non-magnafied optics (ie. Aimpoint/EoThing) = fixed front site

Magnafied optics = flip sight

Thats just me.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:10:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had both the fixed front and the YHM flip front, I am going back to fixed front setups...I always left my front sight flipped up.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:14:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the flip-up style. That way you have the CHOICE between leaving it up or down. With the fixed sight = no choice.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:15:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Personally I like a fixed front with Dot Sights and flip or none with a scoped rifle. It just looks slicker to me that way.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:47:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My personal preference is: non-magnafied optics (ie. Aimpoint/EoThing) = fixed front site

Thats just me.

Any particular reason why your prefer a fixed front sight with a non-magnified optic?  Just wondering.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:02:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I stick with fixed because it doesn't show up on magnified optics, doesn't interfere with with my dot sights, and is less prone to being broke.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:05:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats just me.

Any particular reason why your prefer a fixed front sight with a non-magnified optic?  Just wondering.

I run a LaRue fixed BUIS as well. If the optic goes down the irons are all set to go. With the dot sights, I don't mind the sights in the sight picture (lower 3rd cowitness). With low power magnafied (under 4x) the fsb can be seen in the FOV and that bugs me.

Really for an all around carbine, front and rear flips are nice.

My "go to" M4 carbine has the fixed set up.

One of my 16" mid gas with 12" FF rail Troy flip ups and a Millit 1-4x in a LaRue SPRE mount.

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:16:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I stick with fixed because it doesn't show up on magnified optics, doesn't interfere with with my dot sights, and is less prone to being broke.

+1

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:37:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm a fixed-sight guy, but I have to say that I am amazingly pleased with MI's flip sight.

Being in a ban state and getting raped on preban receivers, I just HAD to have a bayo lug.  The YHM flip-up with the bayo lug looks like hell.

The MI is dead sexy, looks solid, and IS solid.

Sight up:

I like it.  If I had more money, I'd grab some more of them for my other builds.

- BG
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:40:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Fixed. One less problem to worry about.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:45:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Under from 1x to about 3x you can see the FSB.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Fixed front sights means it will work when you need it. WHile I have a BUIS rear sight, I would never consider such a solution for the front sight, under any circumstances.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top