Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/14/2009 3:23:17 PM EDT
Going to take the 6 position off and want to put something fixed on for a precision semi auto setup. I was looking towards the Magpul PRS as my first option because of the ability to adjust butt pad and cheek weld. This is my first precision build and was just looking for the best option for what I have. Feel free to recommend me something else, I'm not partial to any one company. Just want what works the best.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:30:45 PM EDT
[#1]
For a precision AR, your two best options for a "fixed" stock are likely to be the PRS, or a standard A2/A1.

I run a PRS on one of my rigs, and love it.  It is, however, heavy, and large.  More suited to use on a rifle that isn't going to be hauled around on a sling for extended periods.  That being said, I frequently do so and it's not all that bad.  I love the adjustments, but have two friends who bottom out the cheek riser and length of pull extension, which makes it basically an A1 configuration.  If you have a chance to shoot a rifle with one on it, check to see if the adjustability is something you want/need.  At over $200, it's an expensive stock for a "cool look" if you don't use the enhancements.  Also, if you plan to use a rear monopod, it offers you that option as well with the rear pic rail.  Other great benefit is that it balances a "front heavy" rifle really well.

The A1 or A2 (depending on your desired length of pull, is relatively inexpensive and sturdy as hell (as I'm assuming you already know based on your SN S/F).  Keeps it light and simple if that's important to you.

One other option that comes to mind would be the Magpul UBR - similar cheekweld/rigidity to a fixed stock, but offers the length of pull adjustment of a 7 position.

Hope it helps - can't really go wrong with any of them.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:15:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. I never took the time to find what the weight is on the PRS I just assumed from it's size that it weighed quite a bit.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top