Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 4:52:36 AM EDT
I am considering buying a TA01NSN and have looked through one that is owned by a friend of mine.  I noticed that you can't adjust the focus on it and it appeared to me to be out of focus.  Does anyone else have this problem?  I don't want to get one and find out that it is not focused for my eyes.
Thanks for any opinions.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:01:00 AM EDT
[#1]
If you're talking about the right side of the reticle being fuzzy or seeming to move that's due to the way the prism is mounted.  There is nothing wrong with the scope.  I don't think I've ever heard of any shooters having focus problems with the optic.  If the whole FOV is out of focus he probably needs to send the unit in.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:02:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you're talking about the right side of the reticle being fuzzy or seeming to move that's due to the way the prism is mounted.  There is nothing wrong with the scope.  I don't think I've ever heard of any shooters having focus problems with the optic.  If the whole FOV is out of focus he probably needs to send the unit in.

Ditto. Objects viewed through mine were in perfect focus from as little as 10M, all the way to infinity.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#3]
the right line of the recticle will be a little hazy... but who cares?  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:43:44 AM EDT
[#4]
It is designed to not need to be focused.  The scope will be in focus and not have paralax error along the vertical axis at the range marks due to the prism being rotated.  This puts the edge of the reticle focused beyond infinity which is why its fuzzy.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This puts the edge of the reticle focused beyond infinity[..].

ACOG, to Infinity and Beyond!

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top