Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2008 5:53:08 PM EDT
I got my Hahn top feed block and a lower kit in the mail today.  Its supposed to go into one of the Mega lowers I have in the safe to make a dedicated 9mm gun.  However, the block does not fit into either of the receivers I have.  It starts and I can get about 1/2 inch in before it locks up.  What is the approve method of fitting this thing?  
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 6:02:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck getting any kind of support from Hahn.  I called them today to get a replacement feed ramp for my 9mm block and he told me that he wanted $120 for it.

I was beside my self.  All he would do is have me send in my block minus the feed ramp and then he would charge me $120 for a replacement unit.

I'm done buying Hahn stuff.  How can you not support your products?  
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 6:24:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I got one for my OA K9.

if you examine where its too binding you maybe able to buff/sand it down.  Mine was a couple thou too thick where Hahn has the p/n name engraved.  I was able to use my drill press as a mill and remove the anodize and then it fit.

Link Posted: 7/16/2008 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#3]
height=8
Quoted:
I got one for my OA K9.

if you examine where its too binding you maybe able to buff/sand it down.  Mine was a couple thou too thick where Hahn has the p/n name engraved.  I was able to use my drill press as a mill and remove the anodize and then it fit.

I can see where it is rubbing just a hair on the left side behind the "rib" where the maker's mark is.  There is slightly raised pice right behind this which has a sharp corner on it.  This sharp edge is interfearing a bit and keeping the adaptor from coming all the way back in the mag well.  I think if I round this off it should fit.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 10:40:32 PM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
Good luck getting any kind of support from Hahn.  I called them today to get a replacement feed ramp for my 9mm block and he told me that he wanted $120 for it.

I was beside my self.  All he would do is have me send in my block minus the feed ramp and then he would charge me $120 for a replacement unit.

I am somewhat at a loss to read your statement about our conversation, and after much internal debating on whether to respond, I feel I should say something due to the misrepresentation which feels quite personal.

After returning your phone call in a timely manner I told you that I do not have feed ramps to replace the one you lost.  I did not say I could sell you a feed ramp at any price let alone $120.

I did tell you that if you wished to send me what was left of your old adapter I would send a new adapter of the latest revision at $120.  I believe that to be fair deal (arguably) and for what it is worth, it still stands if you wish to opt for it.

Many members on this forum have emailed or called with technical problems.  I do my best to respond in a timely manner and hopefully give good advice that is helpful.

Dustin
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 10:50:20 PM EDT
[#5]
height=8
Quoted:
I got my Hahn top feed block and a lower kit in the mail today.  Its supposed to go into one of the Mega lowers I have in the safe to make a dedicated 9mm gun.  However, the block does not fit into either of the receivers I have.  It starts and I can get about 1/2 inch in before it locks up.  What is the approve method of fitting this thing?  

I assume you are pressing the mag catch in when you insert the adapter.  Sounds like the magwell may have a taper.  On the Hahn Precision website click your way to the 'library' section and you will find a simple drawing of a broached mil spec magwell.  It is always better to get your magwell as close to spec as possible although it is a bit harder to do.  Flat files, careful strokes, and some time can bring that into shape.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:09:30 AM EDT
[#6]

I assume you are pressing the mag catch in when you insert the adapter.

my first thought as well
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:05:32 AM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:
I assume you are pressing the mag catch in when you insert the adapter.  Sounds like the magwell may have a taper.  On the Hahn Precision website click your way to the 'library' section and you will find a simple drawing of a broached mil spec magwell.  It is always better to get your magwell as close to spec as possible although it is a bit harder to do.  Flat files, careful strokes, and some time can bring that into shape.

Its a brand new assembly, the mag catch is not yet in the gun.  I'll mike the mag well and see where I am.  It would be much easier to work on the block than the magwell.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:35:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am somewhat at a loss to read your statement about our conversation, and after much internal debating on whether to respond, I feel I should say something due to the misrepresentation which feels quite personal.

After returning your phone call in a timely manner I told you that I do not have feed ramps to replace the one you lost.  I did not say I could sell you a feed ramp at any price let alone $120.

I did tell you that if you wished to send me what was left of your old adapter I would send a new adapter of the latest revision at $120.  I believe that to be fair deal (arguably) and for what it is worth, it still stands if you wish to opt for it.

Many members on this forum have emailed or called with technical problems.  I do my best to respond in a timely manner and hopefully give good advice that is helpful.

Dustin

I fail to see how that is fair.  I have been a loyal buyer of your products for years.  I have 4 of your 9mm dedicated blocks and a sten block.  I find myself missing a part and to remedy my issue, you want $120 to swap out?

I am at a loss.  I will probably never buy another Hanh product again because I feel that your remedy to my problem is hardly fair.

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:03:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Since I took the offer (new mag block from Hahn for $120), I'll just say I thought it was a good deal.
I damaged the feed ramp myself trying to tweak it and would have needed a new mag block anyway.
It's not like it was a warranty issue and I had to buy new.

To the OP, I would want my mag-well within normal specs anyway for those times I may want to switch uppers/calibers.
I know you said it would be dedicated but you never know. Plus, it's good to have options.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 11:04:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I fail to see how that is fair.  I have been a loyal buyer of your products for years.  I have 4 of your 9mm dedicated blocks and a sten block.  I find myself missing a part and to remedy my issue, you want $120 to swap out?

I am at a loss.  I will probably never buy another Hanh product again because I feel that your remedy to my problem is hardly fair.

I'm not sure I understand this part. How is it that you find yourself "Missing" the feedramp?

Did it not come with the package? Did you buy this used and found the original fubar? Was it new and Fubar? Did you take it apart and misplace the part?

This just makes no sense that you suddenly don't have that part.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 1:15:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I measured the Mega lower and it is a few thousandths small.  Nothing too bad and AR mags go in and out just fine.  The problem seems to be that mega did not make the small cut to the rear of the mag catch slot.  Instead they just put a bevel on the back side of the slot.  The Hahan block is made to the milspec and needs this cut to fit properly.

I can make a little jig to hold a small file in the correct posistion and cut the lower to the milspec and then it should work fine.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not sure I understand this part. How is it that you find yourself "Missing" the feedramp?

Did it not come with the package? Did you buy this used and found the original fubar? Was it new and Fubar? Did you take it apart and misplace the part?

This just makes no sense that you suddenly don't have that part.

yes, I took the block apart and misplaced the feedramp.  If I can buy an entire new block for $160, how can a single part swapout cost $120?

Forget about it.  I'm disgusted to find myself in this situation.  What bothers me most about this is (through fault of my own) I lost my feedramp and all I expected was a fair price for a replacement part.  

This has turned into a hijack and I appoligize to the thread starter.

End rant
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't feel too bad Tomster, I had the same conversation with Dustin myself about replacement parts and let me tell you, for all the hype about Hahn Precision that everyone talks (myself included in the past), I am dumbfounded by what Dustin thinks is fair also.  I knocked my mag block off my workbench and it hit the ground just right, which broke one of the ears off the feedramp.  Imagine my surprise when Dustin offered to do me a favor by selling me an entirely new block at the cost of $120 plus shipping.  Eff that.  I'll just wait for a $99 CP block and buy a spare or two.

Way to go Dustin.  Do you really expect people to believe that you can't get any spare parts from your US vendors to offer them as replacements?  At least that's what you told me in our e-mails, right?  You receive fully assembled blocks from your vendor and merely re-sell them and you have ZERO access to any parts.  Whatever?

ETA - As far as the OP, I wouldn't modify anything on the block except the ejector as that is the only replacement part you can get.  If the block doesn't fit your lower, return the block and try a different one, send the lower back for replacement, or buy anothe rlower that has a properly cut magwell.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 11:24:11 PM EDT
[#14]
height=8
Quoted:
Don't feel too bad Tomster, I had the same conversation with Dustin myself about replacement parts and let me tell you, for all the hype about Hahn Precision that everyone talks (myself included in the past), I am dumbfounded by what Dustin thinks is fair also.  I knocked my mag block off my workbench and it hit the ground just right, which broke one of the ears off the feedramp.  Imagine my surprise when Dustin offered to do me a favor by selling me an entirely new block at the cost of $120 plus shipping.  Eff that.  I'll just wait for a $99 CP block and buy a spare or two.

Way to go Dustin.  Do you really expect people to believe that you can't get any spare parts from your US vendors to offer them as replacements?  At least that's what you told me in our e-mails, right?  You receive fully assembled blocks from your vendor and merely re-sell them and you have ZERO access to any parts.  Whatever?

I archive any hostile email and I was able to refresh my memory on our written correspondence.  I did offer to replace your broken adapter with a new one at a discounted price if you would send it in which case you did not wish to do.  There was no mention of a replacement dollar amount including shipping cost.  The only vendors we use in the adapters, all products for that matter, is for the hardware and raw material, and yes they are all Made In The USA.  Threatening to slander a company/person at every opportunity, written plain as day in your email, because you didn't get what you wanted is a poor way to behave.  

Not much better is the way this thread has been hijacked and for my part in that, my apologies.  Hopefully my advise and website drawing was useful to you Reno, feel free to contact me if you need any help.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:43:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I archive any hostile email and I was able to refresh my memory on our written correspondence.  I did offer to replace your broken adapter with a new one at a discounted price if you would send it in which case you did not wish to do.  There was no mention of a replacement dollar amount including shipping cost.  The only vendors we use in the adapters, all products for that matter, is for the hardware and raw material, and yes they are all Made In The USA.  Threatening to slander a company/person at every opportunity, written plain as day in your email, because you didn't get what you wanted is a poor way to behave.  

Not much better is the way this thread has been hijacked and for my part in that, my apologies.  Hopefully my advise and website drawing was useful to you Reno, feel free to contact me if you need any help.

I have the e-mails archived as well.  There's no need to exaggerate our conversation as hostile or slanderous either (remember you were the one that went off on a rant about companies reverse engineering and stealing ideas and cheap Chinese imports).  I'd be more than happy to post the full text as I was disappointed with the outcome, but remained polite at all times.  I was not looking for a free ride either and fully expecting to pay for replacement parts.

My sincerest apologies for not going back to the  e-mails to reference if we discussed the actual replacement price or not.  However, I have to assume you would have extended me the same $120 price though, so I think my oversight is somewhat irrelevant.  Unless you were planning to quote me a different replacement price for the same problem as Tomster?

I'm so sorry you chose to interpret my original e-mails in a negative manner and, I guess, to essentially ignore customer feedback as "hostile", instead of taking it in a constructive manner and possibly considering a change to your replacement parts policy in the future.  As I said, shit happens and people lose/break/modify/??? parts and sometimes end up needing replacements.  While you may think it is fair to offer a $120 replacement/upgrade program for a mag block that sells for $160 to begin with, it is apparent that there are more than a few end users that don't happen to share your same idea of fairness.

I believe my comment are somewhat on-topic as they are relevant to the OP's original question about what to do to "fit his Hahn block".  Now that he knows the replacement policy, it should help guide him in his choice of a path to go down as to whether he wants to try to fit the block to his lower or explore a different option.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, hijacks asside.  I took my Hahn blck to work and tried it in a Bushmaster lower and it fit like a glove.  I'm going to try it in a DPMS and a Stag and we will see how they fit.  So, it looks like I will have to buy a new reciever for my 9mm project.  Aw shucks, that makes five AR guns or recievers.  I wish I didn't have to, but not the worst thing that could happen.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:48:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, I went down to a local shop which carries a selection of stripped recievers and tried out the Hahn block in all of them.  It fit OK in DPMS, Stag and CMMG lowers, but it fit perfectly (with virtually no play at all) in a Bushmaster.  So, I plunked down my plastic and brought the Bushy home.  I'll sell one of my Mega Lowers and recoup some of the cost, or just keep it in the safe.
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 7:48:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Fitted my Hahn block to my CAV ARMS lower last night.  I had to remove some material from the lower but I was very impressed with how neatly the Hahn block fit.  It is ingenoius.  +1 for Hahn.
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 10:16:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Hahn,

Do you offer replacement parts for your products at a fair market price and not a swap out of the whole assembley?

If no, why?

What is being said concerns me about buying your products if I can't get parts for the items for a fiar price. Sounds like the Ciener parts fiasco.
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 8:21:30 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Hahn,

Do you offer replacement parts for your products at a fair market price and not a swap out of the whole assembley?

If no, why?

What is being said concerns me about buying your products if I can't get parts for the items for a fiar price. Sounds like the Ciener parts fiasco.

http://shop.hahn-precision.com/main.sc

I actually looked, and from what I could see is almost a quarter of the cart is an array of spare parts and at fiar pricing.  Sounds like the sounds of Ciener comment was intended to stir the ole shit pot, so for that, no hot link for you.
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hahn,

If no, why?

http://shop.hahn-precision.com/main.sc

I actually looked, and from what I could see is almost a quarter of the cart is an array of spare parts and at fiar pricing.  Sounds like the sounds of Ciener comment was intended to stir the ole shit pot, so for that, no hot link for you.

No one is stirring the "ole shit pot" as you put it.  The page you linked to has only one spare part for the Hahn blocks and that is the ejector.  IIRC, the ejector is a common part to most/all other Colt style blocks.  In other words, one could buy it from RRA, Garrison or others that sell a Colt spec ejector.

If you know something else about an "array of spare parts at fair pricing", do share.
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#22]
No stiring the pot, I think it is an honest question. Couple guys said one thing, Hahn said another. I wouldn't buy a car that I can't get parts for, how about buying a lower that you can't get parts for? The mag block is more expensive thenf the lower and you cant get a feed ramp
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 6:01:53 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
No stiring the pot, I think it is an honest question. Couple guys said one thing, Hahn said another. I wouldn't buy a car that I can't get parts for, how about buying a lower that you can't get parts for? The mag block is more expensive thenf the lower and you cant get a feed ramp

Silence speaks volumes...
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 11:03:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Funny, the only spare part I see for the RRA 9mm conversion block is the ejector. LINK

Has anyone asked RRA about the availability of other spare parts and pricing?
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 12:16:28 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Funny, the only spare part I see for the RRA 9mm conversion block is the ejector. LINK

Has anyone asked RRA about the availability of other spare parts and pricing?

RRA is a gunmaker that happens to sell blocks that they claim are sourced from a third-party vendor.  When I spoke with them today, they said they don't offer any spare parts other than the ejector because they receive them as complete blocks.  They did say that I could speak to a tech to see if they happened to have any spare parts lying around from defective or damaged blocks they had replaced, but there were no guarantees.
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 9:35:39 PM EDT
[#26]
height=8
Quoted:
Silence speaks volumes... You disrespectfully type shit trying to provoke and yet I doubt you could muster the nuts to say the words you type, eye to eye, in person.  You can't even get your bullshit story in line with the events at hand, and I don't buy your 'just right' dropped on the floor story.  You have a sense of entitlement because you are special, you are a customer, you know better, and you'll tell someone how they should run their business.  Nobody stole from you, ripped you off, lied to you, but you feel self righteous and you're out for payback.  You rant like a spiteful spoiled child that didn't get your way.
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You disrespectfully type shit trying to provoke and yet I doubt you could muster the nuts to say the words you type, eye to eye, in person.  You can't even get your bullshit story in line with the events at hand, and I don't buy your 'just right' dropped on the floor story.  You have a sense of entitlement because you are special, you are a customer, you know better, and you'll tell someone how they should run their business.  Nobody stole from you, ripped you off, lied to you, but you feel self righteous and you're out for payback.  You rant like a spiteful spoiled child that didn't get your way.

LOL

Wait until you need a part then you can deal with Dustin.  Everything Kevin said is on the mark.

Who the hell cares why a part is needed?  Parts get lost/misplaced/broken.  Please explain why you think it is fair to charge $120 for a part when the whole block can be replaced for $160.   'Ol Dustin knew exactly what he was doing when he quoted me $120 for a feed ramp.  He didn't want to give up the part and if he did, he was going to get an [unfair] premium.  What a crock.

If I had known Hahn's policies a long time ago, I would have never started buying his crap before.  I think people should know what they are getting themselves into before buying a Hahn product.

Keep your comments to yourself unless you can explain how this business practice is fair and right or if you have something intelligent to say.

I've made my decision.  That is to never buy or ever recommend another Hahn product again.

The facts speak for themselves Jack**.
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 10:53:47 PM EDT
[#28]
It is fair and right because no one is holding a gun to buy there product in the first place.  And, and only with regard to the two comments by unhappy posters here, in both cases the product was damaged as a result of your action, and not through any fault or Hahn.  Now, if someone came along and said "this part was received defective from the factory and they wound not make it right" well that would be different.  

But can someone explain to be how it is "fair" to expect a company to be responsible for mistakes the owner makes?

It's not, and I can't believe that you would think that this, or any company, should coddle you like that.  A "fair price?"  With all due respect, what do you know what constitutes a "fair price?"  

Is it what you think they deserve?  Would it me a little more if you had pulled a lot of overtime and had some extra cash, or maybe a little less if things had been tight and you were a little short of funds this week.  I have an idea, if you don't like what they charge, go make your own.  In fact, make a better one.  I'd like to pay about $25.00 bucks for one please.

Is Dustin a rude douche?  He might be, I can't tell for sure.  But thats not the point.  You broke it, and unless you bought or received a free life time unconditional, no exception warranty, deal with it.

Sorry for the rant OP.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 12:02:43 AM EDT
[#29]
height=8
Quoted:
Wait until you need a part then you can deal with Dustin.  Everything Kevin said is on the mark.

Who the hell cares why a part is needed?  Parts get lost/misplaced/broken.  Please explain why you think it is fair to charge $120 for a part when the whole block can be replaced for $160.   'Ol Dustin knew exactly what he was doing when he quoted me $120 for a feed ramp.  He didn't want to give up the part and if he did, he was going to get an [unfair] premium.  What a crock.

If I had known Hahn's policies a long time ago, I would have never started buying his crap before.  I think people should know what they are getting themselves into before buying a Hahn product.

Keep your comments to yourself unless you can explain how this business practice is fair and right or if you have something intelligent to say.

I've made my decision.  That is to never buy or ever recommend another Hahn product again.

The facts speak for themselves Jack**.

been a loyal customer for years  = your preemptive entitlement statement

I don't buy your bullshit bench gnome stealing part story.  I've fucksmithed my fair share of guns with the Dremel but I take responsibility for my mistakes and not cry about it.  Does any other company offer any deal for ruining your parts?

I have never seen an advertisement saying you have to drink their Kool-Aid.  The company policies link is on just about every page on their website, the reason you didn't know is because you didn't bother to read it.  Anyone who has busted ass trying to eek a living running a small business knows exactly what kind of customer you are and you cost more than anything you could have ever bought.  I think companies should know what they are getting into before they do business with you.

If you want people to mind their own business try to NOT write your grief for the world to critique.

Are you calling liar?  I don't see where you were offered a ramp for $120.  Your facts are shit, Jack.
height=8
Quoted:
After returning your phone call in a timely manner I told you that I do not have feed ramps to replace the one you lost.  I did not say I could sell you a feed ramp at any price let alone $120.  I did tell you that if you wished to send me what was left of your old adapter I would send a new adapter of the latest revision at $120.

So was your conversation hostile, were you dissed, threaten to screw your cat, or was it polite and civil?  Did you make sure to express yourself verbally as aggressively as you have in your written words?  Or did you find your cojones after you got behind the keyboard?
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 5:43:26 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I don't buy your bullshit bench gnome stealing part story.  I've fucksmithed my fair share of guns with the Dremel but I take responsibility for my mistakes and not cry about it.  Does any other company offer any deal for ruining your parts?

I have never seen an advertisement saying you have to drink their Kool-Aid.  The company policies link is on just about every page on their website, the reason you didn't know is because you didn't bother to read it.  Anyone who has busted ass trying to eek a living running a small business knows exactly what kind of customer you are and you cost more than anything you could have ever bought.  I think companies should know what they are getting into before they do business with you.

If you want people to mind their own business try to NOT write your grief for the world to critique.

Are you calling liar?  I don't see where you were offered a ramp for $120.  Your facts are shit, Jack.

Quoted:
After returning your phone call in a timely manner I told you that I do not have feed ramps to replace the one you lost.  I did not say I could sell you a feed ramp at any price let alone $120.  I did tell you that if you wished to send me what was left of your old adapter I would send a new adapter of the latest revision at $120.

So was your conversation hostile, were you dissed, threaten to screw your cat, or was it polite and civil?  Did you make sure to express yourself verbally as aggressively as you have in your written words?  Or did you find your cojones after you got behind the keyboard?

I don't buy this indian giver username.  It sounds like you Dustin.  However that username suits you better anyway.  Doesn't matter I guess, its still the same crap.

Here is Hahn's policy page.  I don't see where is says anywhere that if you loose a part (or dremel F it for that matter) that we will sell you a replacement at a ripoff price.

As for speaking Dustin on the phone, he put it plain and simple.  $120 for a feedramp or for the same price, send in the leftovers for a new revision block replacement.  Period.  I got some BS story about how he doesn't have any extras, bla bla bla.  Was it civil?  We didn't shout at each other.  But how you could call a conversation civil when you know the other guy on the other end of the phone is trying to rip you off?  There was nothing else to say except goodby.  It is important to note that I took my problem to Dustin first.  He had the option of being a reasonable business man, but no.  Before I typed a word here, I went to Dustin first to attempt to resolve the problem.

And speaking of trying to contact Dustin, I emailed and got no reply.  I called two times and left a message.  I then called again and hung up in frustration when I again got the voicemail greeting.  Funny how he called back immediately after that one.  Screen calls I wonder?  With business practices like that, I guess I'd screen calls too.

Quoted:

Yep, been a loyal customer for years.  All that I feel entitled to is support for the damn product that I have been buying exclusively for years.  NOT ANYMORE.  Whether I drop/loose/runover with a car/dremmel F/whatever, I expect to be able to buy a part at a resonable replacement cost.  If I break a part on a bushmaster rifle, I can call bushmaster and buy a part at a reasonable price.  Imagine this, I loose/modify/trash a bolt and I call bushmaster to get a replacement part and they want to charge me $800 for it.  That is bullshit.  Nowhere on the policy page does it say that if you loose a Hahn part that I will be extorted into paying it or be in possession of a useless block. SHOW ME ON THE POLICY PAGE WHERE IT SAYS REPLACEMENT PARTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE or THAT YOU WILL BE EXTORTED INTO PAYING AN EXORBINANT AMOUNT FOR A PART.

Looking at it again, I see this line....

Originally posted on Hahn's policy page:
We reserve the right to refuse sale or service to anyone we deem necessary.

That sounds more like the treatment I got.  "We reserve the right to refuse sale or service to anyone we deem necessary" = You need a part and I don't want to sell it to you, however if you give me $120 for a replacement feed ramp or send me the leftovers, I will send you a replacement block when you could just get a brand new one for about the same price.

Show me.  Until then zip it Jack errrr... Dustin

Link Posted: 8/2/2008 6:46:10 AM EDT
[#31]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

height=8
Quoted:

I don't buy this indian giver username.  It sounds like you Dustin.  However that username suits you better anyway.  Doesn't matter I guess, its still the same crap.

Here is Hahn's policy page.  I don't see where is says anywhere that if you loose a part (or dremel F it for that matter) that we will sell you a replacement at a ripoff price.

As for speaking Dustin on the phone, he put it plain and simple.  $120 for a feedramp or for the same price, send in the leftovers for a new revision block replacement.  Period.  I got some BS story about how he doesn't have any extras, bla bla bla.  Was it civil?  We didn't shout at each other.  But how you could call a conversation civil when you know the other guy on the other end of the phone is trying to rip you off?  There was nothing else to say except goodby.  It is important to note that I took my problem to Dustin first.  He had the option of being a reasonable business man, but no.  Before I typed a word here, I went to Dustin first to attempt to resolve the problem.

And speaking of trying to contact Dustin, I emailed and got no reply.  I called two times and left a message.  I then called again and hung up in frustration when I again got the voicemail greeting.  Funny how he called back immediately after that one.  Screen calls I wonder?  With business practices like that, I guess I'd screen calls too.

height=8
Quoted:

Yep, been a loyal customer for years.  All that I feel entitled to is support for the damn product that I have been buying exclusively for years.  NOT ANYMORE.  Whether I drop/loose/runover with a car/dremmel F/whatever, I expect to be able to buy a part at a resonable replacement cost.  If I break a part on a bushmaster rifle, I can call bushmaster and buy a part at a reasonable price.  Imagine this, I loose/modify/trash a bolt and I call bushmaster to get a replacement part and they want to charge me $800 for it.  That is bullshit.  Nowhere on the policy page does it say that if you loose a Hahn part that I will be extorted into paying it or be in possession of a useless block. SHOW ME ON THE POLICY PAGE WHERE IT SAYS REPLACEMENT PARTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE or THAT YOU WILL BE EXTORTED INTO PAYING AN EXORBINANT AMOUNT FOR A PART.

Looking at it again, I see this line....
height=8
Originally posted on Hahn's policy page:
We reserve the right to refuse sale or service to anyone we deem necessary.

That sounds more like the treatment I got.  "We reserve the right to refuse sale or service to anyone we deem necessary" = You need a part and I don't want to sell it to you, however if you give me $120 for a replacement feed ramp or send me the leftovers, I will send you a replacement block when you could just get a brand new one for about the same price.

Show me.  Until then zip it Jack errrr... Dustin

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 8:57:35 AM EDT
[#32]
OST
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 4:10:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Hahn can charge what ever the hell they want for a part. Their silence and one guy bantering about how they are great cause he got "lucky" by not misplacing or damaging a piece and didn't have to pay 65% of the cost of a new part to replace an old part...?

Hahn may have some neat stuff but if they are going to be like this over their spare parts i'll move right on down the line.
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 6:03:51 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You disrespectfully type shit trying to provoke and yet I doubt you could muster the nuts to say the words you type, eye to eye, in person.  You can't even get your bullshit story in line with the events at hand, and I don't buy your 'just right' dropped on the floor story.  You have a sense of entitlement because you are special, you are a customer, you know better, and you'll tell someone how they should run their business.  Nobody stole from you, ripped you off, lied to you, but you feel self righteous and you're out for payback.  You rant like a spiteful spoiled child that didn't get your way.

I asked to PURCHASE some replacement parts a while back.  I was given excuses as to why no replacement parts were available and told I could "upgrade" for a fee.  I didn't particularly care for the excuse, so I expressed my dissatisfaction.  If I was out for payback, I would have come hear and bitched about it right after it happened, but I didn't.  I didn't say anything about it, until I read that someone else had a very similar, if not the very same, experience.

But your right, I'm a pussy and a liar looking for revenge.  Thanks for your thought provoking insight on this matter.
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 5:47:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Well in response to my post, I just saw that Hahn changed his policy page.  A recent cached google of the policy page shows the returns policy as follows:

Originally from Hahn's policy page before it was recently changed:

RETURNS
Consequently, we accept returns ONLY if merchandise is found to be defective in materials or workmanship. We will then replace your purchase or refund your money on any products within five business days of your receipt and inspection providing the product has not been used and is returned in its original packaging.

Returns require an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization). Contact Hahn Precision before attempting to return any merchandise. Returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee.

Now it reads:

Originally posted on Hahn's policy page as of today, August 4th, 2008:

RETURNS
Consequently, we accept returns ONLY if merchandise is found to be defective in materials or workmanship and originally purchased from Hahn Precision. We can refund your money on products within five business days of your receipt and inspection providing the product has not been used and is returned in its original packaging. We can replace your purchase, when inventory availability allows, following inspection providing the product has not been used and is returned in its original packaging. If you are uncertain of your situation regarding a return please contact us.

Returns require an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization). Contact Hahn Precision before attempting to return any merchandise. Returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee.

If you don't believe me, do a google for Hahn policy and click on the cached page or click here

Did you think that people don't google and notice the differences, LOL.

You are on a roll.  Why not just keep changing your policy page and be up front about how you wont sell replacement parts at a fair value.  Why make people read between the lines?

Or maybe you can just do the right thing
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 6:35:32 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Well in response to my post, I just saw that Hahn changed his policy page.  A recent cached google of the policy page shows the returns policy as follows:

Originally from Hahn's policy page before it was recently changed:

RETURNS
Consequently, we accept returns ONLY if merchandise is found to be defective in materials or workmanship. We will then replace your purchase or refund your money on any products within five business days of your receipt and inspection providing the product has not been used and is returned in its original packaging.

Now it reads:

Originally posted on Hahn's policy page as of today, August 4th, 2008:

RETURNS
Consequently, we accept returns ONLY if merchandise is found to be defective in materials or workmanship and originally purchased from Hahn Precision. We can refund your money on products within five business days of your receipt and inspection providing the product has not been used and is returned in its original packaging. We can replace your purchase, when inventory availability allows, following inspection providing the product has not been used and is returned in its original packaging. If you are uncertain of your situation regarding a return please contact us.

If you don't believe me, do a google for Hahn policy and click on the cached page or click here

You are on a roll.  Why not just keep changing your policy page and be up front about how you wont sell replacement parts at a fair value.  Why make people read between the lines?

Or maybe you can just do the right thing

So maybe I took my stupid pills today, but how does that change anything?  They stand behind the product that they manufacture as long as it hasn't been f-d with.  Try tweaking a Honda CIVIC and then taking it back to the dealer.  What standard are you using to determine what a "fair" value is?
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Maybe you did.

Why the sudden change?

Don't know?

Actually, your analogy is incorrect.  It would be more like buying a honda civic and needing a spare part for it.  You would expect to be able to go to the parts department and get a part for it, right?

How 'bout this one.  You get to the parts department and they want $5,000 for a rear view mirror becasue they know you can't get one anywhere else.  Or better yet, they won't sell you one for whatever paranoid reason.

Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 7:18:42 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Maybe you did.

Why the sudden change?

Don't know?

Actually, your analogy is incorrect.  It would be more like buying a honda civic and needing a spare part for it.  You would expect to be able to go to the parts department and get a part for it, right?

How 'bout this one.  You get to the parts department and they want $5,000 for a rear view mirror becasue they know you can't get one anywhere else.  Or better yet, they won't sell you one for whatever paranoid reason.

Thanks for your input.

A replacement feed ramp is not comparable to a rear view mirror.  The feed ramp is an intrigal part of their product.  Stop the crying to attempt to justify your losing this one.  If you don't like it then spend your money elsewhere.  Go ahead and buy a RRA block and spend a few hours and $$$ on ammo trying to get it adjusted correctly.  If I was an employee of Hahn I wouldn't offer you nothing. I would tell you we don't want your business, go away.

My hahn dedicated block has lasted thousands of rounds without any issue.  It cost me $200 NEW.  If some how I fucked it up by dicking with it or wore it out and they offerred me a whole new dedicated block for $120 I would be stoked and my check would be in the mail.

Did you inquire with RRA about replacement parts for their block?  I doubt you would get any response from them that would make you happy.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Maybe you did.

Why the sudden change?

Don't know?

Thanks for your input.

A replacement feed ramp is not comparable to a rear view mirror.  The feed ramp is an intrigal part of their product.  Stop the crying to attempt to justify your losing this one.  If you don't like it then spend your money elsewhere.  Go ahead and buy a RRA block and spend a few hours and $$$ on ammo trying to get it adjusted correctly.  If I was an employee of Hahn I wouldn't off you nothing. I would tell you we don't want your business, go away.

My hahn dedicated block has lasted thousands of rounds without any issue.  It cost me $200 NEW.  If some how I fucked it up by dicking with it or wore it out and they offerred me a whole new dedicated block for $120 I would be stoked and my check would be in the mail.

Did you inquire with RRA about replacement parts for their block?  I doubt you would get any response from them that would make you happy.  

Yeah! What he said!
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 8:52:22 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Maybe you did.

Why the sudden change?

Don't know?

Thanks for your input.

A replacement feed ramp is not comparable to a rear view mirror.  The feed ramp is an intrigal part of their product.  Stop the crying to attempt to justify your losing this one.  If you don't like it then spend your money elsewhere.  Go ahead and buy a RRA block and spend a few hours and $$$ on ammo trying to get it adjusted correctly.  If I was an employee of Hahn I wouldn't off you nothing. I would tell you we don't want your business, go away.

Loosing, LOL!

You can call it what you want.  The fact speak for themselves.  You can't buy replacement parts for a Hahn block with the exception of an ejector.  Either you guys are drinking the coolaid or you have no clue.  A part is a part and why Dustin refuses to sell a part for a product that he makes is riddiculous.

I'm sorry to hear that you paid $200 for your hahn block.  They can be had for a lot less.  As a matter of fact, you can have all of mine, 4 of them, for what I paid for them, $160 each.  I have a sten adapter that you can have for my cost of $60 too.

It's funny that you mention RRA.  My friend bought a RRA block a while back and I tried to get him to buy a Hahn block.  I rambled on about reliability, bla bla bla, and he went ahead and got the RRA block.  He's had zero problems with his and here I am having problems with Hahn trying to get a simple replacement part.  I guess the product is more reliable than the support or customer service.

The feed ramp is no rear view mirror, that is for sure.  Maybe it could be more compared to a transmission or motor, but I still stand correct.  paying $120 for a feed ramp in comparison to the $160 price tag for the complete block is a ripoff.

I'd be happy if 'Ol dustin updated his policy page and spelled it out by stating that he doesn't offer spare parts for his products.  It would even be better if he included his reasons, but we know neither will ever happen.  Wouldn't it be nice to know that upfront before buying his stuff?

Thanks for your input too.
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 8:53:33 PM EDT
[#41]
I would think if you dont fk with something thats not broke in the first place
you would not need to fix it.
I have one of the first made Hahn block from the mid 90's and it still works great.
See if you could get Colt to sell or swap out a feed ramp or any 9mm block part for a Colt AR LOL good luck.
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 8:57:04 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I have one of the first made Hahn block from the mid 90's and it still works great.
See if you could get Colt to sell or swap out a feed ramp or any 9mm block part for a Colt AR LOL good luck.

Just sell me the damn part at a fair price.

Nobody's looking for something for free.

Next
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 9:09:50 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Next

Just sell me your broken block for a fair price and I will make a feed ramp for cheap
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 9:11:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Yeah we get it. but the question stands:

What criteria are you using to determine what is a "fair" price?
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 12:23:41 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I asked to PURCHASE some replacement parts a while back.  I was given excuses as to why no replacement parts were available and told I could "upgrade" for a fee.  I didn't particularly care for the excuse, so I expressed my dissatisfaction.  If I was out for payback, I would have come hear and bitched about it right after it happened, but I didn't.  I didn't say anything about it, until I read that someone else had a very similar, if not the very same, experience.
But your right, I'm a pussy and a liar looking for revenge.  Thanks for your thought provoking insight on this matter.

If that is straight up you get the MAN medal of the day!  If it's sarcasm you still score a point for the funny.

Quoted:
And speaking of trying to contact Dustin, I emailed and got no reply.  I called two times and left a message.  I then called again and hung up in frustration when I again got the voicemail greeting.  Funny how he called back immediately after that one.  Screen calls I wonder?

Tomster, fire your therapist.  Sooooo your persistance paid off and you won?  I used to have a girlfriend like that, nothing like coming home to an answering machine filled with increasingly angry messages.

Quoted:
Well in response to my post, I just saw that Hahn changed his policy page. A recent cached google of the policy page shows the returns policy as follows:

Snuck in a whole new website with the declaration when it was updated on the home page, pretty clever, you don't miss a thing!  Policy pretty much reads the same with 'contact us' added in a couple places.  'Right to refuse' is standard gun industry speak of saying NO to a knowingly nutty or evildoing customer.  Kinda nutty in the way you find that offensive.
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 6:57:13 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
And speaking of trying to contact Dustin, I emailed and got no reply.  I called two times and left a message.  I then called again and hung up in frustration when I again got the voicemail greeting.  Funny how he called back immediately after that one.  Screen calls I wonder?

Tomster, fire your therapist.  Sooooo your persistance paid off and you won?  I used to have a girlfriend like that, nothing like coming home to an answering machine filled with increasingly angry messages.

Angy messages?  LOL.  It sounds like you need the therapist.  Nobody, anywhere said angry messages were being left.  The point was that it took a lot to get hold of him to try to remedy this problem (which occured before a word appeared in this thread).  So why do you find yourself filling this thread with more trivial fluff that has nothing to do with the content.  Problems with women in your past are a bit personal, don't you think.  Why do you choose to share your women problems with us?  Again, sounds like you need the shrink.  

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well in response to my post, I just saw that Hahn changed his policy page. A recent cached google of the policy page shows the returns policy as follows:

Snuck in a whole new website with the declaration when it was updated on the home page, pretty clever, you don't miss a thing!  Policy pretty much reads the same with 'contact us' added in a couple places.  'Right to refuse' is standard gun industry speak of saying NO to a knowingly nutty or evildoing customer.  Kinda nutty in the way you find that offensive.

No, the policy page does not read the same.  Let me help you with the differences.  Please note the stuff in bold below.  The significant changes are highlighted.  After that, I will explain how it is different.

----------------------------------------------
RETURNS

----------------------------------------------

So in the first bold above, he adds the statement that if you didn't buy the item from him directly, then he isn't going to help you with your problem.  (Or if you want to read between the lines, he may help you but only if he wants to).  Folks buy his stuff from other places.  I wonder what he was thinking when he wrote that one.  So let's just say that I buy a part from Brownells (for instance), You mean that I can't return a defective product to Hahn directly?  That's a good one.  It sounds like he's washing his hands of any sale that he didn't make personally.  I hope is retailers feel differently.

The next two bolds were changed from will to can.  So he no longer states that he will give you your money back or replace a defective product, but instead he can do it.  There is a huge difference between WILL and CAN.  He changed his policy from obligatory to discresionary.  If you still don't understand the difference, I would suggest getting some additional help.  Maybe you could call Hahn precision.  He can explain what all this means, but will he?  

Lastly, the next change adds that he will can replace a when inventory availability allows.  Hmm.... So he inspects your part.  He decides to replace it.  But all his orders are filled for the next month.  He has no spare parts (that has already been determined) so you might wind up waiting an undetermined amount of time for when demand slows a little and he has an extra product that he can spare.  That was the scenario that he threw at me.  He told me that he didn't have any spare feed ramps and that if I wanted one, it would cost me $120.  Which brings me back to the fair and resonable part.  I don't think that his "generous" offer was fair or reasonable.

Do you have any more gasoline to thow on this fire?

Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 7:40:19 AM EDT
[#47]
In a spirit of fairness, let's take a breath and ask ourselves, WWMD?  (What Would Magpul Do?)

Honestly, perhaps I have been spoiled by the lengths to which many other firearms companies (like Magpul, CP, 44mag, or any others you'd like to include) would go to actually help their customers that when I come across a company that seems to care less, it doesn't seem to make sense to me.

I apologize if that gets some people's panties in a bunch, but such is life.  In this day and age, I can't see why any company in their right mind would prefer to align their policies with the likes of JAC, instead of the likes of some of the companies named above?  I wonder why no one stands behind JAC and his policies?

Link Posted: 8/5/2008 7:41:23 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Next

Just sell me your broken block for a fair price and I will make a feed ramp for cheap

I'm sure that is exactly what Dustin was thinking

Thanks for your input
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 6:38:37 PM EDT
[#49]
One of the most important values to have as a business owner/operator is that satisfaction of the customer is worth more in the long run than any loss you might take in the short run. Within reason, of course.

The way I see it in this post, there is a long time customer of Hahn who has encountered a problem. Regardless of who's fault it is, Hahn should have taken care of it at a MUCH lower price that what has been stated here.

This is a business practice called customer service. It builds loyalty and return business. Also, the satisfied customer tells his friends and associates how well he was  treated, and reccommends the company to them above others.

This ultimately contributes to the further success of the company. So the end result is that what small loss the company may have encountered in making the customer happy, ends up yielding the company MORE profit in the long run to due more return business and additional clientel.

Get the picture?

There are business models all over the place and twice on Sunday that can attest to the proof that good customer service, even when the customer does something stupid, is worth it to the company in the long run.

An examle of this is FN. I knocked a huge chip out of the stock of my FN SPR. I sent it in to FN for replacement knowing and expecting to pay out the ass for the new stock but it was my only avenue because the stock was marine-tex bedded and had to be fitted to that exact receiver. FN replaced the stock and sent the rifle back to me for free. Didn't even charge me shipping. Now, I will buy FN products whenever I can because I know I will be taken care of if I need help.

Need I say more?

Offering to sell an entire replacement unit to the customer at wholesale and at what you sell that product to other dealers/distributors for is NOT the way to do business.

In closing, if you search for posts by me on this board, you will find that I have been conducting extensive research on 9mm AR components and asking a lot of opinions before I start my 9mm project. In fact, just this evening, before finding this thread, I asked opinions about which mag block to buy...Hahn or Rock River.

After reading this thread...do I really need to tell everyone which block I have decided to buy?

Poor customer service and poor testaments of customer service equal loss of new and repeat business.

Hahn, are you listening?
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#50]
I'be been thinking about this.  If Hahn cannot take care of its customers, then they will not get my money.

With that being said, I truely hope that my Hahn dedicated block does not need any spare parts soon.  If so, I will spend my money anywere except Hahn.

Brian

Quoted:
One of the most important values to have as a business owner/operator is that satisfaction of the customer is worth more in the long run than any loss you might take in the short run. Within reason, of course.

The way I see it in this post, there is a long time customer of Hahn who has encountered a problem. Regardless of who's fault it is, Hahn should have taken care of it at a MUCH lower price that what has been stated here.

This is a business practice called customer service. It builds loyalty and return business. Also, the satisfied customer tells his friends and associates how well he was  treated, and reccommends the company to them above others.

This ultimately contributes to the further success of the company. So the end result is that what small loss the company may have encountered in making the customer happy, ends up yielding the company MORE profit in the long run to due more return business and additional clientel.

Get the picture?

There are business models all over the place and twice on Sunday that can attest to the proof that good customer service, even when the customer does something stupid, is worth it to the company in the long run.

An examle of this is FN. I knocked a huge chip out of the stock of my FN SPR. I sent it in to FN for replacement knowing and expecting to pay out the ass for the new stock but it was my only avenue because the stock was marine-tex bedded and had to be fitted to that exact receiver. FN replaced the stock and sent the rifle back to me for free. Didn't even charge me shipping. Now, I will buy FN products whenever I can because I know I will be taken care of if I need help.

Need I say more?

Offering to sell an entire replacement unit to the customer at wholesale and at what you sell that product to other dealers/distributors for is NOT the way to do business.

In closing, if you search for posts by me on this board, you will find that I have been conducting extensive research on 9mm AR components and asking a lot of opinions before I start my 9mm project. In fact, just this evening, before finding this thread, I asked opinions about which mag block to buy...Hahn or Rock River.

After reading this thread...do I really need to tell everyone which block I have decided to buy?

Poor customer service and poor testaments of customer service equal loss of new and repeat business.

Hahn, are you listening?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top