Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/15/2005 2:47:54 PM EDT
Hey,

I just put on a 40L on my Bushy A3 flattop and it seems to be a a little loose. It moves very slightly side to side. I've tightened it as much as possable. How is it supposed to fit? It seems the front where the lever is is tight but the rear is loose.

Thanks in advance!

Riese
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:51:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2005 2:52:04 PM EDT by mongo001]
The mounting screws on the 40s are adjustable. Maybe you're bottoming out somewhere. You need to remove the nut, then spin in the screw some more and try again. If this isn't it, you probably have an out of spec receiver.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:58:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mongo001:
The mounting screws on the 40s are adjustable. Maybe you're bottoming out somewhere. You need to remove the nut, then spin in the screw some more and try again. If this isn't it, you probably have an out of spec receiver.

yep...it fooled me the first time too...the sight I bought was used, and the screws were not snug against the side of the little mounting piece it threads into. You simply screw them in tight, then back off just enough to get the square piece to fit in the slot on the flat top. At that point, you should be able to tighten well enough to make it rock solid. Don't forget that blue Loctite®.

Top Top