Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 7:12:31 AM EDT
I'm thinking of ordering a Bushmaster Superlight. Problem is, no one out here has had Bushies in stock for months. For those who have seen Bushmaster rifles from the last month or so of production, how would you rate them?

I bought a Patrolmans Carbine right after the ban...that rifle is outstanding it looks and function. I wanted to make sure this hasn't changed with the increased demand.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Just a data point...
The Bushmaster M4 I bought 3 months ago was cosmetically perfect. However, the barrel was way over-indexed (as all 4 Bushmasters I've bought have been), requiring more than 20 clicks to the left to get it to zero. The front sight needed to be screwed out so far that it was wobbly in the sight base. Despite the acquisition of new staking machinery, the carrier key screws were not staked well and easily loosened. IMO Bushmaster is capable of making a great product, they just don't
I'd inspect one closely before you buy, or buy it from an FFL you trust and will handle shipping costs to the factory for warranty issues.

But back to your original question - it is beautiful! But it's just a range toy and not one I'd trust in a defensive role.

HTH,
Brewer
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:17:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Bought a 16inch A2 last year and the fit and functionality were excellent. It is accurate and the trigger is smooth. The upper and lower however do not match in color.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#3]
almost perfect.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top