Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2005 4:19:35 AM EDT
Put about 120 rounds through the machine and all went well.

Here's the actual weapon btw (not a stock photo like my first post):

http://images.snapfish.com/344%3B569523232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E233%3A%3D984%3D875%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B43%3B75392ot1lsi

I didn't really mess with the sights at all, as I was just trying to familiarize myself with the weapon. Actually, I was messing with the rifle the night before and I set the elevation knob 1 click up from 6/3 as it states in the manual to do this if you are zeroing on a 25 meter range. Forgot I did this, and fired all the rounds with the rifle out of the box except for that one click up.

So ....... is there a special tool to adjust the front sight? I'm guessing I don't want to take a pair of neednose to the thing.

As the manual states, after I go that i click up on the elevation knob, any more adjustment to elevation is done by the front site. From what I see, I probably want to lower the group a little.

I assume it's normal to have to adjust sights slightly from the factory?

Next question. On each spent casing there are two very consistent linear marks, about 1/8" apart and at the business end of the casing. What are these and are they normal?

Next. What's with this PCA ammo? I wouldn't figure plastic belongs in the chamber of a fairly high powered rifle. Anyone use this stuff and thoughts on it? What are it's advantages / disadvantages?

Last question: Why do you suppose this thing is so much fun?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:29:47 AM EDT
[#1]

So ....... is there a special tool to adjust the front sight? I'm guessing I don't want to take a pair of neednose to the thing.

YES !!! and for GODS sake never use a needle nose pliers !!

YES !!! there is a special tool or you can use the tip of a bullet to raise & lower the front sight !
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:30:36 AM EDT
[#2]

There are front sight tolls, but you can just as easily use a nail or bullet and depress the retaining pin down and turn

I assume it's normal to have to adjust sights slightly from the factory? For most yes, all shooter have intricate differences and shooting and require different zeros.

Next question. On each spent casing there are two very consistent linear marks, about 1/8" apart and at the business end of the casing. What are these and are they normal?

Somebody else will have to get that one, maybe its your ammo

Next. What's with this PCA ammo? I wouldn't figure plastic belongs in the chamber of a fairly high powered rifle. Anyone use this stuff and thoughts on it? What are it's advantages / disadvantages?

Nobody thought pistols would be made primarily out of plastic 50 years ago either. But haven't used it, so no review.

Last question: Why do you suppose this thing is so much fun?

Your hooked buddy, welcome to the club.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:24:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Congrats on the new rifle!! I'm glad you enjoyed your first outing.

Here is a link to a front sight tool for sale at Sportman's Guide: Front Sight Tool

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top