Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2008 6:38:16 PM EST
I have a Spike lower with an RB lower parts kit with RR NM trigger. Everything was going great until I did a function check. The safety selector does not allow the hammer to disengage when in fire. Any ideas?

-Mike
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:21:17 PM EST
Does the FCG work without the safety installed?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:44:21 AM EST
Yes. It does. Seems to work fine and one heck of a nice AR trigger I might add!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:46:31 AM EST
Of course I'm sitting here at work thinking about it. I didn't put any moly slide on the trigger engagement notch. Maybe it's new and sticking and reguires extra travel to let off.

-Mike
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:27:04 AM EST
Rock River is sending a call tag and mentioned that it should just "work". Off it goes...
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:47:20 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/4/2008 12:47:50 PM EST by Grampa]
I had the same issue with a build. I had assembled the lower with a safety that was either left or right hand. When installed for left hand use (I shoot lefty), the flat notch on the safety was not quite wide enough on one side, and would not allow the trigger to rock forward for the hammer to release. I replaced the safety with one that has a slightly wider notch (right hand) and that fixed the problem.

I have a couple of other option that were open to me. First, file down the side of the back part of the trigger assembly. That did not appeal to me at all. Second, I could open up the notch a little more on the safety on the one side. I may still try that, as I want the left hand safety.

I do not want an ambi-safety, as the safety lever on the left side rubs up against the base of my trigger finger in the fire position.

Grampa

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:49:33 PM EST
height=8
Originally Posted By Grampa:
the flat notch on the safety was not quite wide enough on one side, and would not allow the trigger to rock forward for the hammer to release. I replaced the safety with one that has a slightly wider notch (right hand) and that fixed the problem.

Grampa

Visually inspect the safety, and /or compare it to another, possibly the milling is incorrect.
Top Top