Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/10/2005 9:46:10 AM EDT
I just got my DPMS kit today and have a lower (DPMS) that has been waiting since Christmas to be "populated". Stupid me did not think beforehand to start searching for documents!!Where can I get some nice photos of how they all go into place and in what order ? The silly card stock on the parts package is far from acceptable for assembly when it comes to what spring goes where (everything looks like a black blob) not to mention I am sure there has to be some order in which the parts must go in.

Thanks,
Rich
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:56:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:42:05 AM EDT
tacked at the top so that it is supposedly easier to find
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:52:23 PM EDT
Slap me with a stick... sorry guys. Remember your first lower build ?? I just walked in the door from UPS with my lower kit and had a 8 month lower just burning in my hand, I rushed and did not look!

Well I built it without the instructions and I only have 2 extra parts and 1 missing "detent". The extra spring and somewhat pin, somewhat cap made of plastic is really bothering me looks as if it would work as a buffer retainer pin and spring but I already have those in place I am thinking there may be 2 versions and they supply both.

The missing detent got lost when the wife cleared the dinner table, it's the detent for the front pivot pin but to tell you the truth I don't like those pivots very much. I'll order something from Brownells, don't care much for the magazine release either and am looking for a nice trigger anyway so I guess I can play with this one for now while I wait for more parts to arrive.

I'll be trying other LPK's in the future, I was somewhat disappointed with the finish. I would have expected something that matched the DPMS lower, what I got was a glossy finish that would have matched a HK or PTC 91. I would have also expected a metal mag release button, not a piece of black plastic!

Rich
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:13:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:21:06 AM EDT
I am headed for the In-Laws hotel room at the beach right now, Brownells Catalog and Hish Speed Air Card equipped laptop in hand. I'll be ordering parts and a couple of tools...this will not be my only one.

Thinking of .308 or .40 next
Top Top